I feel like a horrible mom...

MommyGrim

Reaction score
:wacko::wacko:

My daughter goes to see her grandma (FOB's mom) twice a week so I can get some schoolwork done and so I get a much needed break. And I'm breastfeeding her, so I have to pump alot, and for some reason I've been having problems pumping milk for her so I wasn't getting as much milk as I needed for her to leave (7 oz, and I only got 5) so I figured that I could put in two oz of formula and it wouldn't really effect her, since I've only done it one other time. Well, I mixed up the formula and added it to her milk to feed her and everything seemed fine...:nope: but when her grandma brought her home she was in different clothes, and she didn't have any of her blankets with her. Her grandma said that after she fed her she started just throwing up (not spitting up, THROWING up) and I guess she just wouldn't stop. We ran her a bath and while she was sitting in there enjoying herself, I started bawling my eyes out :cry: I feel like a bad parent because I can't pump enough milk and it's all my fault that she threw up everywhere. :cry: She looks so sick, and like she's in so much pain and it's all my fault! :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry it's so long, I just needed to get it off my chest...

Aw sweetheart! Don't be hard on yourself! I only make half of what Finn "needs" but well, whatever he can get is better than nothing. :)

What formula did you use? We had to switch Finn to Similac Sensitive because Good Start started to make him projectile.

Also, is this a newish can? They have to be used within a month of opening them. If it's any older it could be making her ill as well.

OMG! I didn't know that! :nope: That's probably why she got so sick! I didn't even think about it...:cry:

Dont be hard on yourself..why wouldd you think about it tbh, if your normally breastfeeding..how long you can keep formula wouldnt even cross your mind..
I didnt even know you could only keep formula for a week until i read this as ive never used it :shrug:
I left some pumped milk for my OH to give baby a few weeks ago, put it in the fridge..when i went to check on them, baby just kept crying i asked if he'd given him his milk and he said yeah, but he didnt finish it and keeps crying..when i checked the bottle..it was blooming cold! He hadnt heated it up so LO had it all cold poor thing lol, I asked him why..he said "i dont know..didnt think of it" :dohh:
Lol point is..Its a learning curve for all of us, so dont feel bad about anything..we all make mistakes along the way
x x

Don't feel bad, maybe try pumping a little each day to get enough rather than trying to get it in one sitting

aw hun your not a horrible mom :hugs: it's a lesson learnt that's all

hope her stomach ache didn't last long :flower:

I was wrong :lol: I checked the box the other day remembering this thread and its 4 weeks! Sorryyyy :) xx

Don't beat yourself up hun! You wouldn't of known if you normally breastfeed. No harm done.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->