I feel like an impostor being in the 2nd tri forum! (I'm 16 weeks)

PoodleMommy

Reaction score
I started sneaking over here after 12 weeks, but even now that I'm 16 weeks, I feel like I should really be in first tri! It doesn't seem possible for ME to be in the second trimester. I've had so many pregnancies and never got this far, so it seems impossible!

Does anyone else feel like an impostor??? Maybe I'll feel more second-trimester-y once I hit 20 weeks??

You will feel like you belong here in a couple weeks, it gets much better when your alot further than everyone else. I'm now in third trimester and feel like I should not be there for another 2 months cause everyone is talking about labor.

You will feel like you belong here in a couple weeks, it gets much better when your alot further than everyone else. I'm now in third trimester and feel like I should not be there for another 2 months cause everyone is talking about labor.
That's good to know!! and congrats to you for being past 27 weeks! I can't wait to reach the 24 mark... viability!!

I feel like a bit of an imposter too lol. I think its just because my dates were moved forwards at scan and it all seems to be going so quickly!! My last pregnancy seemed to drag on forever x

2nd trimester is the fun one, you experience the gender, kicks and movements, reach half way point, viability date, getting a nice little bump etc.
1st trimester you just worry about MC, symptoms and making it to 2nd
3rd you just sit and wait till birth and talk about mucos plugs ha ha

2nd trimester is the fun one, you experience the gender, kicks and movements, reach half way point, viability date, getting a nice little bump etc.
1st trimester you just worry about MC, symptoms and making it to 2nd
3rd you just sit and wait till birth and talk about mucos plugs ha ha

Hahaha this is funny :D

I felt weird coming into the 2nd tri too, this is the furtherest i've made in a pregnancy too! But after posting for a week or two you start feeling like you fit in! I remember being 8wks and wanting so bad to reach 12 weeks, then at 12 I wanted to be 14wks and so on. Now i'm going to be 19 weeks tomorrow and I can't wait to reach my 'V date' at 24 weeks ugh! Lol.

Aw I know how you feel but it's definitely here that you belong!

I'm due to head over to 3rd tri this weekend but Ive had a sneak peak in there and I think I'm going to end up in limbo between 2nd and 3rd tri! 2nd is all about guessing the gender etc and the 20 week scan which seems like ages ago for me, but 3rd tri is all about the labour and birth and I'm a long way off from that yet!

I'm sure you'll find there's more that's relevant to you in here! And congrats on joining 2nd tri!

X

I didn't feel comfortable till a couple weeks ago :) welcome to second trimester

Hehe, I'm lurking back in second tri but supposed to be over in third now but don't like it there :haha: Feel like nothing applies to me yet and I miss second tri! Going to lurk here for a little while longer I think! Second tri is definitely the best - loved it! :thumbup:

I feel the same way! It's why I haven't posted much the last week or so. :haha: Plus I'm feeling so much better that it's actually worrying me and making me feel as though I'm not as pregnant as I was in first tri! It's crazy. I'm actually doing laundry, that would have never happened in first tri, I was making my DH do it.

I've been lurking here awhile too though, now I'm lurking both first and second and feel slightly uncomfortable to post at either.

I didnt feel like I fit in in 2nd until I found out the gender at 17weeks! Its normal! :) Youll settle in soon! xx

Im supposed to be off to the 3rd trimester next week and i will definately feel like an impostor then! eeekkk! so not ready for that!! May hang around here for a bit longer :) xxxx

I too have had a few m/c and it does feel very weird to be here. I think it is amazing. I still get worried when the baby goes from moving all over for a couple days all day to not feeling him move much for the next couple days. I know I still have some left to really reach that point but its still wonderful to get to feel it now. It only gets better and now we have so much to look forward to and weve already made it further than the past times so just enjoy everything as it will all come at its own time. Good luck and congrats!! :happydance:

I know exactly what you mean! I've had many miscarriages and have never made it to the second tri! I'm 17 weeks with twins now. It's funny because people are starting to comment on my growing tummy and its so strange, I feel like a fraud! I feel like this isn't really happening. I'm constantly worried that something is going to go wrong, I think thats why I feel like a fraud. I thought I'd relax after getting out of the first tri. Now I keep telling myself I'll relax when I get to 20 weeks... LOL. Anyway, congrats on your pregnancy and second tri!

Welcome to the 2nd trimester hunny!!! I'm not surprised you feel like that after all of your losses - I had one loss at 12 wks and it really hurts doesn't it! BUT that said this baby is healthy and all is well - try to enjoy each day of this pregnancy as you won't get it back again! Each day you pass is another day sooner to meeting your healthy happy baby!!! You need to break the pregnancy down in to small pieces - your next stop 20 wks, then 24 wks etc each time you reach a goal treat yourself to a pamper or do something you enjoy or buy a teeny presie for the baby!!! You can do this and you belong here now 16 wks is awesome - you're doing great just you remember how far you've come!!!

I feel that way too. I'm barely 12 weeks today and I felt too far ahead for the 1st tri do now idk where to be.

Thanks so much, everyone! We found out on Saturday that we're having a boy... that definitely makes me feel more like I'm in the second trimester! It was soooo good to see him again, wiggling and bouncing away!! Now if only my bump will pop out one of these days, I think that will be the final thing that makes me feel REALLY pregnant!!! :D

Haha I'm a nearly 11 weeker sneaking into the 2nd tri boards because the 1st tri boards freak me out WAY TOO MUCH! Hope I'm still welcomed here ;)

I feel like an imposter too. I think i'll feel more 'at home' when i hit the half way mark....but that seems so far away! I feel too early to join in with all the annoying 2nd tri symptoms and talking about scans/gender etc but i feel like im too late on to have the worries of 1st tri. Arghhh! There should be an inbetween! Hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->