I feel like it's never going to happen

AngelMomB

Reaction score
This will be 7 months of trying. I keep feeling like it's never going to happen. Everyone says its okay and we can try again next month but each month I think that and it doesn't happen.

I dont know what to do different. I'm just feeling so helpless. Everyone is getting pregnant around me on their first try. We lost our last pregnancy at 6 months gestation and I'm just at a breaking point. It doesn't seem fair and I can't help but feel so bitter and sad.

Girl, I feel you. Husband and I have been trying for 9 months with no luck. I’ve tried just brushing it off and not obsessing about it, but it’s so hard. I even went as far as buying my dream car this summer in hopes it would take my mind off of it. Now that it’s getting closer to winter, my baby will have to be garaged for the winter so I’m back to obsessing. It seemed like as soon as I started thinking about it again, 5 of my friends announce that they’re pregnant. It’s so hard to deal with!! I’m 9-10dpo now and I think I’m symptom spotting and AF is going to rear her ugly head on the 17th. Just to leave me disappointed yet again. Baby dust to you ❤️❤️

Have you spoken to your doctor? Maybe see if she/he can run some tests? Are you tracking everything?

I feel the same. My fiance and I have been TTC #2 for about 11 months now with no luck. Each cycle I symptom spot and convince myself it's going to happen but it doesn't. To make matters worse, my SIL told us she was pregnant last week, I know I should be happy for her, but I'm jealous. I'm jealous that her son will be close in age to his brother/sister more than anything, my son is 3 in December so even if I get pregnant this month, he will be 3 years 7 months by the time his sibling is born.
Plus if my mum tells me one more time to "relax and it will happen" I'm going to go crazy !

We got BFP on the 8th month so you know, it really can happen any time. :) But I share your sentiment, I don't know what we did differently when we got the BFP and I'm equally clueless right now TTC #2. It's also awful that you had a previous loss, I think this process can really make us feel not in control of our own bodies which is really demotivating. I don't have a great solution except to say: solidarity :hugs:

I completely sympathise. We're on cycle 5 now which I know isn't long but when you hear stories of your friends falling pregnant on their first time it's just frustrating. I have the same feeling that it will never happen

Its hard to stay positive but we have to!

I'm so sorry for your loss, that's heartbreaking :'(. I'm currently trying for my 3rd baby, my first two were unplanned suprises, now I'm struggling to concieve, 20 months actively trying now. Had all tests done, and everything seems OK. But I'm at the point you are, I'm a mess and I've had enough. This will be my partners first child and I want to give him a baby so bad! I've just started spotting so I think I'm out this month too :'(. I've had enough. Just wanna cry. I had a HSG test done this month, and that's suppose to increase the chances, but it obviously hasn't for me. I can't take no more either. Sending you lots of love, I hope you get your positive test soon. Wishing you all the best xx

Plus if my mum tells me one more time to "relax and it will happen" I'm going to go crazy ![/QUOTE]

I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME ABOUT MY MUM, SHE SAYS THE SAME XXX hugs to you

I hate the "just relax" comments lol.

We actively tried for two years. Gave up, got into fitness, lost a bunch of weight and then suddenly I was naturally pregnant. And this was after failed fertility treatment. I thought it would never happen. I know it sucks to be in the midst of ttc because you don't know how long it will take or if there is a problem or what. If I could go back I'd tell myself to chill out and enjoy myself because there was nothing I could do that would make it happen any faster

TTC felt like a marathon to me (and I'm not a runner... ) It took us 18 months the first time so I understand. I was depressed and about to give up. Until I saw the picture below:

Baby dust and strength for you and DH.

341252ff9b44f3926085fac2be753590.jpg

TTC felt like a marathon to me (and I'm not a runner... ) It took us 18 months the first time so I understand. I was depressed and about to give up. Until I saw the picture below:

Baby dust and strength for you and DH.

I’m on month number 16 of trying. I feel your pain. It will happen, have faith. Try not to think about it too much.

I’ve stopped temping, opks, I don’t test I wait for AF (due today). We just BD as much as we can in the fertile window and hope for the best. All the tracking started taking its toll and stressed us out too much.

Yeah we've decided to not track and just have sex often. Fingers crossed for this month.

Im sorry for your loss hun :hugs:.

I definitely feel your pain with TTC. It took 2 years for my first and clokse to that for my 2nd. On top of being devastated and crying every month it was all I could focus on. I was almost ready to give up and thought it would never happen. As hard as it is just keep your head up. It will happen. What might help is focusing on other things, maybe a hobby or something you really enjoy doing. Have you tried using opk's? I never used them, but it might actually help pinpoint ovulation for you.

I hear you. Trying to conceive is hard. Especially when it seems like everyone around you had it so easy and seems to get pregnant so fast.

My hubs and I have been trying for getting close to 3 years now. It’s bern especially hard because literally everyone around me is pregnant. 2 SIL’s, and 3 of my best friends.

I cling to the hope that someday we’ll get the chance to be parents.

Don’t give up. It’s okay to grieve some days, and feel sad. I definitely do. You’re not alone in this journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->