I feel like there needs to be a stronger phrase than "thank you"

Croc-O-Dile

Reaction score
My mom's childhood best friend has a 3 year old son, so when she found out I was pregnant she offered to give me his old stuff since a lot of it was light green and unisex. She also has quite a bit of money, so all of her stuff is pretty pricey. We went down today to pick it up and OMG! :shock:
First of all, her son is NEVER dirty. Not because she's super clean, but because he doesn't like being messy. (hope I get that lucky :haha:) So all of the stuff was still in perfect condition.
Secondly, we ended up leaving with baby stuff, living room stuff, bathroom stuff, ect. Once she started getting rid of stuff she just couldn't stop. It was like Christmas all over again! :thumbup:

So I ended up with:
2 highchairs (One of which I saw online for $500! :shock:)
A "spare" car-seat, as she put it. :dohh:
A Playpen (Playard) with removable bassinet top and changing pad
2 bouncy seats (one is actually a walker as well)
1 swing
1 of those vibrating chairs
A foam seat for when she can sit up a bit
A spare crib set (since we already have one picked out)
A glider and ottoman (like a rocking chair, but different)
And a bunch of little baby books.

Then she gave my mom a whole bunch of BRAND NEW stuff for the house that she bought and never used. :dohh:

I think I'm in shock. I was so afraid of having nothing for Livi in the beginning because we've been quite tight with money, but now I feel like I just hit the baby-jackpot! Poor Livi is going to think she's so spoiled, when really her grandma just has very generous friends. :haha:

That's amazing! I'm sure she would love a heartfelt, maybe homemade card and you could make her cookies or something?

That's amazing! I'm sure she would love a heartfelt, maybe homemade card and you could make her cookies or something?

That's a really good idea! I make bangin homemade cookies. :haha:
I just feel like I should do something for her, you know? She just saved us sooo much money and gave us stuff that we wouldn't have been able to afford anyway. (Like that highchair! I still can't get over that! :haha:)

That's a really good idea! I make bangin homemade cookies. :haha:
I just feel like I should do something for her, you know? She just saved us sooo much money and gave us stuff that we wouldn't have been able to afford anyway. (Like that highchair! I still can't get over that! :haha:)

And she clearly must like you and think you'll be a lovely mummy :)
I think she would really appreciate a heartfelt thanks. And can't go wrong with cookies haha

Wow, you sure did hit the jackpot! Maybe make her a card with a scan pic on the front, and have writing as though bubs wrote it?

OMG, I LOVE GLIDERS!!! When we go into Babys R Us I beeline to the back of the store and "test" the chairs. :rofl:

Good for you! What a wonderful friend!

awwww, good on you!! and she sounds really supportive too!!
i deffo think you should do a little geasture in return, maybe a card and cookies or something.. it's not alot, but it's also a nice thought, and shows your appreciation - plus it'll make her even happier about doing the stuff.. and you might be the first person she rings in future!!
xxxx

that is amazing! well done your mum for having such great RICH friends ;) x

Is the play yard thing the graco one? We have it set up in the living room and he sleeps in that ALOT more then his plain old bassinet! (He always hits his hands on the bassinet when he moves around in his sleep causing a big "THUMP" that wakes him right up :dohh: where in the the other one there's so much room you plop him down in the middle and have no problems with it)

I know they have different versions but mine has a vibrator thing and makes noise and such.. omg it's heaven some nights :haha:

Is the play yard thing the graco one? We have it set up in the living room and he sleeps in that ALOT more then his plain old bassinet! (He always hits his hands on the bassinet when he moves around in his sleep causing a big "THUMP" that wakes him right up :dohh: where in the the other one there's so much room you plop him down in the middle and have no problems with it)

I know they have different versions but mine has a vibrator thing and makes noise and such.. omg it's heaven some nights :haha:

OMG! :rofl: It is! And I think it might be the same one, as we forgot the mattress at her house, so when I set it up I realized I'm missing the mattress. But it has a cord that comes out of the bassinet part. :shrug:
I asked my dad why there was a plug where my baby's supposed to sleep and he said, "Duh, Ally, that's where you plug her in to re-charge her.":haha:

Aaaw that's so lovely, how lucky!
2 of my auntys have 5 girls between them and aren't planning on anymore but still have all their baby stuff.. so if I have a girl I've proper hit the jackpot! And not just now but for years to come haha *fingers crossed* .. or else my little boy will just have to start liking the colour pink :haha: xxx

Wow fantastic! My friend has just found out she has 7 weeks to go, so i'm being the kind friend and i've bundled up aload of Theos clothes for her and selling her my spare carseat for like £20 :D & giving her a baby bath...every little helps!!

x

OMG! :rofl: It is! And I think it might be the same one, as we forgot the mattress at her house, so when I set it up I realized I'm missing the mattress. But it has a cord that comes out of the bassinet part. :shrug:
I asked my dad why there was a plug where my baby's supposed to sleep and he said, "Duh, Ally, that's where you plug her in to re-charge her.":haha:

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"