I feel mutilated :(

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm just having a rant really, I'm quite upset as I was told after my labour that I had not torn, however having looked myself at 4 weeks I have a first degree tear, getting towards second degree territory, and it's healed apart as I was not stitched and I was not that careful wiping or anything because I thought I hadn't torn! Has anyone else had this experience, if so how has it affected your life (both sexually and mentally)

I don't have experience with this specifically but surely it can still be fixed. Can you ask a midwife or doctor to see you?

I'm sorry you feel that way and for your own peace of mind, it's probably worth getting checked. However, my understanding is that most first degree tears (i.e. where it is the skin torn, not the muscle), most of them will heal without stitches.

I have a 6 week appointment in 2 weeks and will ask to be checked then, but first degree tears only heal without stitches with proper care, which I haven't been doing because I didn't know I had one! So the two sides have healed but not together! :( I think now they are healed there's not much they can do.

I surprised no one said anything! I'm sorry :hugs:

Does it look like it's gotten worse? Like it possibly wasn't that bad initially, but because you weren't told so therefore didn't care for it properly that it started getting worse?

If you're having any pain because of it, I'd see if they can get you in sooner. Even if it's mostly healed, I hope they can do something to ensure it's properly healed. I have no experience with tears as I've never had a vaginal so I don't know the implications of it.

Regardless they owe you an explanation as to why you weren't told about it whether it not there was anything they or you needed to do. You have a right to that knowledge and should've been given that information just as general recovery (and so you could be aware about the risk of infection).

I'm sorry they didn't tell you and I hope you get some answers as to why you weren't told and what happens from here on out, if anything, for it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->