i feel really scared of going out alone with baby

staycutee

mummy
Reaction score
he is 10 days old and i havent been anywhere alone with him, only with my sister or my mum as well. firstly the pram, i know i cant get it down the front steps alone, theres only a couple of steps but its a struggle even with someone helping me, i feel petrified to do it alone in case i drop the pram or bump him down too fast or something.

i have a babybjorn carrier as well but still i am abnsolutely petrified that if i go anywhere he will start screaming and i wont be able to cope and ppl will stare at me like i cant look after him? is this normal or am i going mad

I live in a flat and I just put my LO in the carrier whilst I bump the pram downstairs and once at the bottom I put LO in the pram and put the carrier in the bottom of the pram to put him back in later when I have to bump the pram back upstairs. Also you could maybe try just going for a walk round to the local shop or something till you become more confident but from my experience, as soon as I start pushing Ryan in his pram he falls asleep. x

completely normal! but once you do it, its not that bad. my lo cries less when we are out! try posting this in the baby club section, you'll get more replies :hugs:

I was terrified when OH went back to work and thought I would be stuck in the house until he returned! But i have a dog who needs walking so when she was two weeks old, i put her in the pram and just walked the dog round the block. She did cry to start with but settled and fell asleep. The next day we went a bit further in case screaming started we didn't stray to far. Within a week I plucked up enough courage for the post office and she cried when it was my turn! but everyone was lovely and babies do cry so don't feel bad. I still panic when she crys (in the library yesterday when i was getting childcare info) and tend to flee home but it gets easier.

We have big steps upto the road outside our house. i tend to take the pram up first, put the brake on and then go back for her so she dosen't bump!

it does get easier and as your LO gets bigger and more settled you will get more confident!

Totally understandable, i was like that when LO was smaller. Its taken me this long not to panic when she cries when we are out!

Completely normal my dear! :) I was soooooo scared of taking him on public buses too but he's soooo good, nothing to worry about at all I promise! I love taking him out in his pram!

I used to be for the same reasons as you but i couldnt give a toss now. I don't really care if he starts crying now ifpeople look at me i look back, what do they expect to see its a baby crying for christs sake they all do it!

I felt the exact same way after I had my LO...It was actually about 3wks before I finally felt comforatble enough to take her out by myself. Sometimes she does cry and her binkie or a toy will take her mind off of the crying...however there is a time or two where nothing has consoled her and Ive had to leave the store. I just tell myself its one way to keep me from overspending when Im shopping! lol

I felt like this.

I panicked like mad when I had to take him to midwives & to my gp on my own after OH had gone back to work.

When I was at midwives and had to undress him to get weighed he was screaming his head off and the midwive was just sat staring at me struggling to get him dressed again, I felt such a dick and got myself all flustered.

I'm much better now though, I'm sure its normal hun x

You might find the carrier will knock your LO to sleep. My LO seems to go to sleep automatically in it,will only wake up in a shop to have a nose at whos around, and then goes to sleep when im back outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->