I feel sick

sjminimac

Reaction score
I feel physically sick :nope: I posted a sort of light hearted thread earlier about how charlie doesn't know how to go to sleep on his own, well i've just been talking to a friend of mine about my concerns and she just flippantly said 'well he'll learn, it's probably better if they do it anyway because they won't have time to comfort him, they'll just leave him to cry' :shock::cry: is that true? Are they that brutal?! Oh my god. Charlie has just been in hysterics just now because he's so tired and wouldn't calm at all for his daddy, it took me (or should i say my boob) 15 mins to calm him from his inconsolable crying down to little hiccups. I can't bear the thought of him crying till he's sick with some stranger leaving him to it :nope:

Hun, who are you referring to?

they know how to deal with this, he will be tired out from all the activities no doubt and fall asleep no problem.

im currently in my usual place at the usual time, lying on my bed and nicole asleep in her cot. NO ONE BUT ME can put her to bed but nap times during the day, the devil himself could put her and its no prob. she will also sleep longer naps if someone else (daddy) puts her down.

my son would only sleep at nite the same way unless he was staying overnite with either my parents or dh's parents. then he would go out cold within 5 mins, self settling i might add and STTN. never with me, little demon.

i know this is different but when kyle went to nursery school (montessori) he screamed the place down, clung to my leg, the teacher (?) pried him off me and within 5 min of me leaving he was playing away and had a good nap too!!! he never napped after the age of 2!!

They know how to deal with these, dont worry and if im wrong u have my permission to kick my ass

If you mean a nursery, my sister works in one and they don't leave them to cry. They have mats on the floor in a circle and the workers move around between the babies comforting them. It is not as good as cuddles from mum but its not lving them to cry. If a nursery left lo to cry I wouldn't leave lo there! X

:hugs: I think it completely depends on the nursery hun. My friend is a nursery worker and says she would never leave a baby to cry! Have you met the workers who will be in charge? So sorry you are worrying about this, but I'm sure Charlie will be just fine :hugs:

I really hate to say this but I've heard a few nursery workers chatting here on BnB and yes, they are far more immune to baby crying than mom is, so they seem to not think it's a big deal. And it's my fear too as LO must go into daycare in Sept. He'll be okay hun but make your wishes very clear to them.

i'm sorry. I'm sat here crying my eyes out over it, i just don't know what to think! I know you guys know what you're talking about and thank god for you, but the thought of him being that upset without me there just haunts me :nope: When he was in creche for 90 mins next door to where i did my course they sometimes had to bring him to me because he wouldn't stop crying :cry: am i even making sense? Xx

I dont know why people like to scaremonger, but they do not let your child cry!
This really pisses me off when people say things like this, its untrue.

Im not saying it doesnt happen by some staff in SOME nurseries somewhere, but id pretty much like to bet thats its a very very rare incident.

You no what, put your mind at rest, see what there policies are on this front...
Aymen goes to nursery and i have on several several occassions just turned up randomly just to see whats going on, not once hsve i even seen or sensed that something wasnt right....NEVER!

Ignore your 'friend' - :hugs:

dont worry they would NOT leave a baby to cry it out. i'm a nursery nurse and i know from experience its not the done thing. mostly because the girls who work in this job like their job (you have to because the pay is so bad haha) and like the kids so they wouldnt just dump some poor little thing in a cot and leave it to sob its heart out. also you cant actually do that when you have a room full of other children because then NONE of the babies would be sleeping and all hell would break loose haha

seriously though if they're good nursery nurses and all the girls i've ever worked with have been then your baby will be taken care of :thumbup: its the sort of job you do because you want to and because you love it.

Have you spoken to the nursery about your concerns? I am sure the won't do this, could you speak to other mums who use the nursery and ask there experiences there? xx

a_missy, i couldnt agree more....more most of the nurses do the job cos they love kids, cos if they didnt, they could just apply for a job in Tesco as its much better pay.

Hope some of the comments have put ya mind at rest a little :hugs:

:hugs: I have had the same fear, which is why I haven't been able to bring myslef to get a job. I am sure that it is not something that is common in reputable (sp?) places though.

My LO is the clingiest madam ever!! Ii mean seriously if anyone tries to touch her she grabs there hand and pushes it away and scream as them!!! She would only ever nap on me and would never let me go away from her!!

She started nursery when she was 9 months old and for the first twice she went, she never slept at all, they cuddled her but she just wouldnt drop off. After the third time, she wud fall to sleep in the womans arms and the nursery worker wud then transfer her to the cot, so they would cuddle her to sleep. Now after two months they put her in the cot and she falls straight to sleep (she would NEVER do this for me!!) they have a ten minute rule at my LO's nursery and if after ten minutes they arent asleep they leave them to play and then try again at various intervals.

Am sorry for the long post and i know its a bit rambling but i wanted to reassure u that they will do the best for ur child and it really will be ok XxXx

Have you spoken to the nursery about your concerns? I am sure the won't do this, could you speak to other mums who use the nursery and ask there experiences there? xx
Thanks, I'll be phoning them tomorrow to confirm the days he'll be attending so i'll ask then :hugs:

you're all so lovely and brilliant, once again rescuing my sanity. What would i do without you, seriously? Thank you :hugs: xxxxxx

dont worry they would NOT leave a baby to cry it out. i'm a nursery nurse and i know from experience its not the done thing. mostly because the girls who work in this job like their job (you have to because the pay is so bad haha) and like the kids so they wouldnt just dump some poor little thing in a cot and leave it to sob its heart out. also you cant actually do that when you have a room full of other children because then NONE of the babies would be sleeping and all hell would break loose haha

seriously though if they're good nursery nurses and all the girls i've ever worked with have been then your baby will be taken care of :thumbup: its the sort of job you do because you want to and because you love it.

I totally agree with this. The three ladies at Megs nursery are fab :happydance: They cuddle her, encourage her and have bought her on loads.

The other week they sent her photo folder her home and i cudnt stop crying :happydance::happydance: i never cry, but Meg just looked so happy and contended!! There were pics of her in her nappy with paint all over her (they were covering the children in paint and letting them role on a big sheet of paper) pics of her been cuddled by her co-worker, all wrapped up outside, helping ice some cakes! Honestly i think she has the time of her life there lol!!!!:thumbup: Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->