I feel .. so alone!

ErinHopeful

Reaction score
This whole TTC process has been so full of emotion! Anticipation, anxiety, doubt, fear, sadness, and lots of shed tears!

My DH and I have been TTC since Jan 2012. I have PCOS and don't ovulate and have VERY irregular periods ... I've been seeing a RE since May. I've completed 3 rounds of clomid -- with not 1 positive OPK or ovulation. I've completed 1 round of letrazole without a +OPK and am currently awaiting BW to confirm that I did not O.

I know that I'm not alone (this forum proves that) .. but sometimes, it doesn't help me feel any less alone. My husband is my rock and true support, he's the one I talk to, confide in, and cry to. He's so optimistic and helps me to realize the positives in our lives.

I just want a baby, is that too much to as? We have stable careers and are financially stable, we're truly ready! .. it infuriates me to see so many 'kids' and others having babies that they don't want or that they didn't plan ... it hurts!

This is supposed to be a fun and exciting time, ttc, but for me, it's been full of way more sadness than happiness. Even if I could just O, i'd be a little happy!

I'm certain it'll be injectables once I have my BW results .. anyone have any thoughts? successes? or stories about using injectables?

Sorry for my depressive rant ... in my heart I know it'll happen when it's ready, etc ... but it's really difficult for me not to feel like giving up, or feel like it wont ever happen!! In the back of my mind, I really wonder ... :shrug:

I don't have much advice but just to keep your head up. I'm sure it'll happen for you. :)

Hun I'm really sorry to hear ur problems, ill be honest I don't have PCOS but I have a faint idea of ur pain, came off the pill 7 months ago and I didn't ovulate till 5 days ago, I got really excited, but yesterday I started bleeding so god knows what's going on now, I hurt and am so upset with just 7 months of problems, I can't imagine the pain ur feeling *hugs* but keep trying, keep positive and try to enjoy all the practicing :) :dust:

I don't have much advice but just to keep your head up. I'm sure it'll happen for you. :)

Thank you! :hugs: I'm just trying to keep plugging along and being as positive as I can, but sometimes it's easier said than done :shrug:

Good luck to you too :)

Hun I'm really sorry to hear ur problems, ill be honest I don't have PCOS but I have a faint idea of ur pain, came off the pill 7 months ago and I didn't ovulate till 5 days ago, I got really excited, but yesterday I started bleeding so god knows what's going on now, I hurt and am so upset with just 7 months of problems, I can't imagine the pain ur feeling *hugs* but keep trying, keep positive and try to enjoy all the practicing :) :dust:

:hugs: Thank you hun! It's such a terrible struggle, regardless of the reason behind it! Thanks for the kind words! It'll happen in due time, I suppose!

Keep your head up as well and good luck to you! Hopefully your body starts to regulate itself and you get your bfp!! lots of :dust: to you!!!!!! :)

Keep your head up! I completely agree with what you are saying and can relate. I came off the pill in April and finally got my first period 2 weeks ago. I never thought it would be a struggle to get pregnant. I mean when we thought we were ready we were ready, so now with nothing happening its stressful and depressing. I too have an extremely supportive hubby! We can thank our lucky stars for that!

I hope to see you posting about a BFP soon! :)

This whole TTC process has been so full of emotion! Anticipation, anxiety, doubt, fear, sadness, and lots of shed tears!

My DH and I have been TTC since Jan 2012. I have PCOS and don't ovulate and have VERY irregular periods ... I've been seeing a RE since May. I've completed 3 rounds of clomid -- with not 1 positive OPK or ovulation. I've completed 1 round of letrazole without a +OPK and am currently awaiting BW to confirm that I did not O.

I know that I'm not alone (this forum proves that) .. but sometimes, it doesn't help me feel any less alone. My husband is my rock and true support, he's the one I talk to, confide in, and cry to. He's so optimistic and helps me to realize the positives in our lives.

I just want a baby, is that too much to as? We have stable careers and are financially stable, we're truly ready! .. it infuriates me to see so many 'kids' and others having babies that they don't want or that they didn't plan ... it hurts!

This is supposed to be a fun and exciting time, ttc, but for me, it's been full of way more sadness than happiness. Even if I could just O, i'd be a little happy!

I'm certain it'll be injectables once I have my BW results .. anyone have any thoughts? successes? or stories about using injectables?

Sorry for my depressive rant ... in my heart I know it'll happen when it's ready, etc ... but it's really difficult for me not to feel like giving up, or feel like it wont ever happen!! In the back of my mind, I really wonder ... :shrug:

I have PCOS and actually did do injections as soon as we started medication. I did one round of clomid, but it thinned my lining too much so they switched me to femara for the next two cycles. Although I did ovulate, nothing happened, BUT it was the first time I actually felt optimistic about the possibility of conceiving since I was finally ovulating. We did take a break from treatment and conceived twice naturally in the 6 months after taking that break using soy isoflavones in place of fertility medication (unfortunately miscarried both). I started just using macafem, though I didn't ovulate for 9 months and accepted the fact that we most likely would never have a baby together - I was heartbroken. Finally I started having an actual regular cycle starting in January through March of this year and we decided to just go for it, and finally fell pregnant in March. It's been a very long, emotionally draining road to get to this point (we had been trying just under 3 1/2 years), and I had the same feelings as you - I still do have the same feelings about how easy it seems for people not even trying or even wanting a baby to fall pregnant. I just wanted you to know that your feelings are completely valid and that you are not alone even if you feel that way at times, and to give you some hope as a fellow PCOS sufferer. :hugs: :hugs:

*hugs* I'm not quite in the same boat, but I've got PCOS and I'm doing my first ever medicated round. I'll be on femara, menopur and a trigger shot. I don't know if it will help you are not, but I *know* I ovulate (been pregnant naturally 6 times though I miscarried them all due to structural issues) and yet have never once even gotten a 2nd line on an OPK let alone a positive.

Anyway hugs from me and you aren't alone! :)

Hi Erinhopeful, i can understand how do you feel but plz don't think you are alone, i'm sure god will help you. I have been married for five years and been TTC for three years but nothing. I have also PCOS but regular periods...Gyn said i don't ovulate so finally she prescribed me clomid. I'm waiting for AF to start so i can start my first round of clomid. So plz be positive nd it will be happen for sure nd u will have healthy baby. God bless you dear.

i dont have pcos (or maybe i do and just havent been diagnosed. my dr wont look into t till next month) but i understand how tough it is :( i came off implanon in april (though im sure 5.5 months seems like peanuts to you lol) and i havent ovulated or had a period sice :( its so difficult...
i hope things look up for you soon

Have you tried any herbal supplements to help bring ovulation on? I don't know much about not ovulating, or if you have tried herbal supplements in the past, but I am a fan of them & I am sure there is a supplement out there to help you. seems a lot more friendly then medications to me.

Thanks Ladies! Reading all your positive comments, stories, and encouragement is so helpful!

I have an appt with my RE today and we're going to move ahead with injectables. He said 95% chance of ovulation ... so here's hoping!!!

I'm going to have an HSG first -- but I'm looking forward to this, I really feel hopeful, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Lots of luck and :dust: to you all!!!

This is such a long, draining, emotional, and unfair process!!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"