I feel so bad for this poor LO

channy3232

Reaction score
My husband's cousin has a LO that just turned 4. He went for his shots and the ped. was asking her about his development. Does he know his colors? No. Does he know his shapes? No. Does he know numbers? No. Can people other than Mom & Dad understand him when he talks? Sometimes. And I honestly don't think he has a learning disability or anything. They just don't teach him these things! Mom works all the time and pays all the bills and just recently filed for bankrupty because she was $63,000 in debt!! And that's not a house or car. That's JUST credit card bills. Daddy works but is immature and spends all his money on toys. Literally. He bought himself a $350 remote control car. Not for the son. For HIM. Oh! And she's pregnant again. The boy is physically taken care of. He's fed and bathed and dressed well but they plop him in front of the TV to watch Spongebob all day. Don't get me wrong, my son will watch TV but i'm also going to read to him and teach him things like his colors shapes and numbers. He's only three months old and I'm already teaching him animal noises! Lol
I just feel really bad for him. My niece is the same age and holds conversations, is so observant, and can almost read! I don't know what the ped. is doing about it.
And along these lines, I have a question too. I guess he's 50th percentile for height but 97th for weight. He is NOT a fat kid. He's 4 and in 4T clothing! But apparently the doctor is running tests on him for diabetes and cholesterol and stuff!! He's SO not an overweight kid! So I was surprised to hear that.
Anyway that was my rant. :::stepping down from soap box now:::

Thats awful ...Ethan is slower then most and he is 2 yrs 6 months he knows his colours he can count to 20 and he can point out letter E M O U P ...Not many but people close to him kno what he his sayying but he as been refered to speach theropy but thats due to havin a short tounge

aww poor boy, my nephew is 4 and he knows all his numbers and colours and is in school now! he's very mature for his age and when he went for his 3year check up he was the same mental development as some 6yr olds!
can he not go to a nursery or cresh? where he can interact nd be tought these things if his parents dont have time??

i hope they do something about this soon

xxxx :hugs: xxxxxxxx

I was telling my mom about it and she asked the same thing about going to nursery school or pre-school. I know he wouldn't. He would pitch a fit! Because of the way they've raised him, he's become lazy. I don't think he really cares to play with other kids much because he would rather just watch TV. My niece on the other hand will bring you a stack of books and beg you to read to her. His Daddy just wants him to be into macho trucks and motorcycles. He knows where his penis is though! That's the first thing his Daddy taught him. Where's your penis? And he would point. Then he would ask him when they had friends over and they'd laugh and laugh. It was like a party trick. Ugh so immature.

It does not have to be because he isnt taught anything, some kids just dont learn fast, or are shy about showing off what they know to others. I teach my kids lots of things but when i asked my health visitor about how best to start with letters, she actually told me that the schools prefer children to start with a 'clean slate' as actually most parents teach them wrongly and they have a hard time re-teaching the children correctly. Didnt mean i listened lol, but perhaps they have been told similar and taken it a bit too literally?

I am truely suprised the kid knows nothing...does he not even watch tv? summer learned lots for that aside from what i taught her and books and worksheets. How odd.

It does not have to be because he isnt taught anything, some kids just dont learn fast, or are shy about showing off what they know to others. I teach my kids lots of things but when i asked my health visitor about how best to start with letters, she actually told me that the schools prefer children to start with a 'clean slate' as actually most parents teach them wrongly and they have a hard time re-teaching the children correctly. Didnt mean i listened lol, but perhaps they have been told similar and taken it a bit too literally?

I am truely suprised the kid knows nothing...does he not even watch tv? summer learned lots for that aside from what i taught her and books and worksheets. How odd.

I did wonder this as my lo learnt his letters from super readers :blush:

I think that's the problem though. He watches too much TV I think. He doesn't have enough interaction with people! He's obsessed with spongebob which does teach kids things but it's more of a story line with a moral in it. Not your basics like colors and shapes etc. My SIL spends a lot of time there and watches him a lot and she said she never saw them read to him or play games or do puzzles with him.

Its very sad poor wee man, not even bed time stories? It does sound like very lazy parenting. I suppose its easy to judge though without knowing anything or if there could be any sort of reason why they dont interact with him. Perhaps they have tried before but the son just isnt into it, so they just let him do what he wants, not good i know, but some parents just like to settle for the easy option. I am sure when he starts school properly and is in a learning evironment all the time it will become clear wether he just hasnt been taught anything at all or is just not the best of learners/concentrators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->