I feel so gross. Vent

Kern

Reaction score
Ugh, I cannot get over how gross and disgusting I feel right now. It is such a stark change from my son where I felt like an amazing goddess that it's really bugging me.

I feel so fat and bloated that my gut is poaching out further than my chest now, I feel I've gained all the weight I worked so hard to lose after my first born arrived that I depressed about it. I've been so sick with nausea and so exhausted I haven't worked out once and feel like I've lost my strength. The only thing that keeps nausea away is eating all the time and then I want to die because I feel so bloated from eating too much. I don't feel pretty in this at all. Just a lazy slob who is wasting away her life while her husband works and helps take care of th baby and cooks dinner, etc. this awful, can first tri be over please?

Anyone else want to vent?:wacko:

I feel you. I was that way in my first trimester. Eating constantly like a cow and then be so miserably bloated by the end of the day that I literally looked 6 months pregnant already. Also the heartburn was ridiculous. Almost everything I ate, even water, gave me heartburn. All this hasn't hit yet since I just found out that I'm 4 weeks pregnant but I am already dreading getting through the first trimester.

:hugs: It will get better. Maybe try to set a goal to do at least one thing to help you feel pretty each day. Or to help you feel accomplished. I can't make it a day without a nap and I keep eyeing my hair wondering why it looks so limp and awful but I know it won't last. And the weight you worked hard at losing can be lost again. You are lucky to have a husband that helps with everything. Don't feel bad, enjoy it. You are cooking his flesh and blood child so he better be helping bc it's hard work making a baby. :D:hugs:

Just know that I could have written your post so there is at least 1 other person in the world who shares in your misery! I keep telling myself, this too shall pass!

Yes yes yes!!! Exactly this. I am 12 weeks now and feeling helpless and useless and like I am just wasting away my life until this first tri hideousness lifts. My poor DH is up with my boys every morning and takes them out every evening for an hour while I lie on my bed. He cooks and cleans and does everything. I truly feel like I am existing and not living.

Since 6 weeks I have eaten like a horse as it stops the nausea but then 20 mins later I feel so much worse and the bloating and constipation are so so so uncomfortable. Too much eating and too little poo-ing! And I am missing my wine like nothing else!

I promise you will get back to normal again. First tri is the worst cause you don't have a hard bump it's all soft and fatty but it's just all the extra fluids and pregnancy hormones and gas. I remember worrying with both my previous pregnancies but then the big belly arrives and then baby arrives and then you have your body to yourself to do what you want with.

Try exercise if you can in the 2nd tri as soon as you feel better. Gym is what keeps me sane so I know the pain when you can't exercise but don't put the pressure on yourself until you are better. You are running a marathon growing your baby

Yep. Feel 100% crappy.
I manage to make dinner every night but thats about it. If i feel.half well i will rush to do housework or take my son outside to play. But most of the time i cant muster the strength to get dressed. I wake up exhausted even if i sleep 11 hours at night, i feel nauseated all day long and snacking helps for about 10-20min.
Im over this too

So glad I'm not alone. I'm not one to usually complain but this has been super rough on me! I feel like a waste of space and that makes me feel worst of all! Can't wait for second tri! Thanks for letting me vent ladies, we are in this together! :hugs:

You are definitely not alone. I can't wait to be able to look at a meal and actually want to eat it instead of being repulsed by it :(

Thank the lord I am not alone!!
6 w 4 d here and feeling absolutely the grossest.
I struggled each day this week driving to work, bent over in the car seat barely being able to focus on the road without it being blurry or me wanting to dry heave. Looking at the TV is hard most of the time, screen brightness, nausea most of the day with food aversions mostly meat, fruits, veggies. It is funny how when I first got my BFP I was at the grocery store buying every fruit and veggie that existed and now I can't even stand the thought of it.... I did not go into work on friday and after sleeping 10 hours through the night, I took 3 naps that were almost 2 hours each before 4:30pm on Friday. Today, I layed on couch most of day. I feel the "best" at night.

Hope you feel better soon!

Not alone. 9 1/2 weeks today and been sick since 5 1/2. Tried to go clothes shopping yesterday and couldn't stand to look in the mirror or really had no energy to shop because I always feel sick and tired. I'm honestly so excited for the baby to come so I can get my body back already...and it's only just started!

Oh ladies it's a real struggle. And so frustrating when there is nothing to show for it but bloat and gas -no joy of feeling baby move or being able to rub a nice firm bump ...

I am 13 weeks tomorrow and while the worst of the nausea seems to be behind me I still generally feel off and then have patches of relapse. It's such an interminable feeling and can really get you down. But now I can feel the top of my uterus poking out just above myself pelvis like a solid ball. It's very encouraging that at least something is starting to show for all this agony!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->