I feel stupid asking this!

mrs unicorn

Reaction score
So I've just got my :bfp: I can't believe it :happydance: af isn't due for another 4/5 days. Do I go to the docs now or wait until I'm officially late? Oh and here's a pic at 11 DPO!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 23
Congratulations :) I'd go to the doctor just now, depending on your doctors surgery it can takes weeks to get a booking in appointment with a midwife. X

congratulations its up to you when you go to doctors I know it takes a wheile to get booking date to se midwife so earlier the better depends on your doctor surgery I know mines wont do anything to af is actually a week late then to wait till 6 weeks before they will actually book you in but all surgeries are different happy 9 months xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you ladies. That's a good point - I had to wait 4 weeks for a smear test! I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Congrats!!! How exciting!
They normally have a set time when they see first time moms. My doctor's office is 7-10 weeks so by your LMP they'll estimate and give you a date!

Congratulations, where I live you do not need to see your doctor as all they do is prescribe you with is folic acid (which you can get from asda pharmacy for free) and give you the number to book your first midwife appt. We are encouraged to just call the midwife and book in with them x

I contacted my surgery around 7 weeks to let them know and they booked me an appointment for when I was 8 weeks with the midwife. You don't need to be seen until around 8 weeks at the earliest.

Congratulations, that's a great line for 11dpo!

I referred myself after ringing the doctor's surgery, you might find they just give you a number x

I tried to refer mysekf straight to midwife but gp surgery insists I see GP first. Guess different depending where you live x

That's a bit annoying! Oh well, never mind, plenty of time! Good luck, hope all goes well x

Thank you all! I'm going to call them Monday morning and see what they want me to do. It sounds like it varies depending on which part of the country you're in. So exciting, I can't wait!

I know my doctor did not want to see me until I was at least 8 weeks but I am in the US.

Congrats! My doctor waits until 10-11 weeks before seeing you. But can go meet with one of the admins as soon as you have a positive to confirm pregnancy, get due date and learn the schedule of when yo come in, numbers to call etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->