I feel threatened by changes at work...

satine51

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,
I know that this may be a bit of a selfish thread, but interviews were held at work for my position today. It turned out that I actually know one of the people who applied for my job and she is the person most likely to get it. The problem is, when I met her a few years ago, she was not my type of person and I didn't feel like we got on very well. I have not kept in touch with her since.
I am finding it difficult to imagine possible handover, but what's more, I can't imagine her doing my job!
I think I feel threatened now, as she is quite an ambitious person that I won't have anything to comeback to. I think I also suddenly realised that my career is not going to be the same as it was and it scares me!!
I am planning to go back to work at the moment, but probably part time. I think it is a bit of a pointless, and a bit selfish thread, but I suddenly felt a bit sad to be leaving!
Anyone feels the same?

I sort of know how you feel.. since I've left work a lot has changed & people don't seem happy anymore which is making me nervous about going back :( I think its natural to feel threatened by anyone who will take over your role, I bet she won't do your job as good as you though :hugs: x

I conveniently made myself scarce when they were showing people round for interviews for my job it felt so weird, being my first it was surreal to me I wudnt be there anymore after 6 years and the thought of being replaced I felt very protective of my job and everything I had done. Fortunately for me they didn't find anyone suitable before I left (and still havent, ha, irreplaceable!) so I didn't have to do a handover, don't think I could of however happy I am to be having my baby. So no you're not the only one and I think especially wen it's your first you have so many changes and I dnt think it's easy to get why in your head till theyre actually here x

i didn'd have a handover either, they absorbed my work into the rest of the team which made me feel worse, as it was though i wasn't needed at all, i was nervous that i woudln't have a job to go back to, but i did and for what it's worth it was completely different. i felt differently about the job, didn't enjoy time with my collegues just wanted to get home, after nearly 2 years i left and it was the best think ever. my new job is fab and i am going away on maternity this time with a renewed sense of purpose as i love this place and they are bending over backwards to support me.

although i enjoyed my other job, once i returned it was so low in my priorities, i feel coming back after 2nd baby will be so much more a positive experience.

Thank you for sharing your experiences Ladies, I am glad I am not alone! It's really strange, isn't it. Just shows how much of a control freak I am at work :wacko:

dont worry hun its illegal for them to give your job to someone on permenant basis while your off on maternity. They have to give you the same job to return to by law th other woman will have to either leave or take a job else were in the company xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->