I fell down the stairs : ( UPDATED PG 4)

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Girls I just fell down the stairs : (

I sorta slipped on the top step and went feet first down about 5 or 6 steps. I landed on my bottom quite hard.

I sat there for a min in shock and then realised my back is really hurting:cry:

Babys not moved yet but am going to put the doppler on in a min to check his hb.

Do you think he should be ok if hb is fine?

What should I do?

Not sure hun...didn't want to read and run though. I think if the HB is fine the baby should be fine...but if you're worried it's worth a call to your mid-wife!! Hope you're ok!

Check his HB.

He prob won't move because of the shock and you have adrenaline running around your system, watch for 10 movements if you don't get them call hopsital and get trace done.. I did this a few weeks ago, this was the advice from my mum who is also a midwife...

xx

il think all will be fine if the hb is a normal rate, ring the mw at the hospital just to check, your probley just in abit of a shock and panic. x
let us know x

i agree with all the others hun...:hugs: hope you're ok :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxx

Aww :hug: when i did that at xmas i just sat there in shock for a minute then burst out crying! its really frightening huh, definitly ring the labour ward for advice, sure everything will be fine but better to be safe xxx

At this late stage even if HB is fine please go get checked :hugs:

Aw hunny bet you got a fright!! Check his hb and wait for a few movements if you still feel uneasy call the midwife they'll be happy to check you over. Take big deep breaths and try and calm down too xxx

Hi hb is ok , steady at around 130 bpm which is normal for him.

I will watch for some movements as he's usually a right wriggler if I dont get any in next 1/2 hour i'll call l&d for advice.

My back is killing:cry:

Drink two glasses of iced cold water as fast as u can without being sick and go laydown quietly within 20 mins the baby will be movin out of way of the cold x

I sorta slipped on the top step and went feet first down about 5 or 6 steps. I landed on my bottom quite hard.

Babys not moved yet but am going to put the doppler on in a min to check his hb.

What should I do?

You should go in and be monitored even if hb seems ok. Falling is dangerous. The baby is so heavy now and can cause placenta abruption. My doctor told me if I were to ever fall or get hit in the abdomen to come in immediately. I hope all is ok. big hugs

hope you're ok hun, keep us up to date xx

What should I do?

You should go in and be monitored even if hb seems ok. Falling is dangerous. The baby is so heavy now and can cause placenta abruption. My doctor told me if I were to ever fall or get hit in the abdomen to come in immediately. I hope all is ok. big hugs

I completely agree xxx

Ive just called l&d and theyve told me to go in and be monitored for a while
: (

Damn OH, He wonders why I go off my head when he wants to go off watching bloody cars miles away when Im so close to my dd!:hissy:

I have to wait for him to get home now, which is gonna be 45 mins or so!

Ive just called l&d and theyve told me to go in and be monitored for a while
: (

Damn OH, He wonders why I go off my head when he wants to go off watching bloody cars miles away when Im so close to my dd!:hissy:

I have to wait for him to get home now, which is gonna be 45 mins or so!

Laydown and rest until he comes back i am glad u are going to get checked will put your mind at rest :hugs: xxx

Glad your getting checked over... i think its for the best x

I never realised about the placental abruption if falling etc its good your going in hun pleased LO's hb was normal but best to get checked for your health aswell as bubs. keep us all posted!! do you have a text buddy? Make sure you keep relaxed and calm till DH gets home and can take you in xxx

I'm happy that you called, and you're going in. I'm sure everything is fine though, we've got lots of padding to protect our babies, but it's better to be safe than sorry!!!

Good luck hun, hope you don't have to wait too long once you're there!

xx

I hope your ok hun!, your better to go in and get checked just to be on the safe side!
xx

I'm sure you'll be fine hun but better to get checked to be sure, keep us posted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->