• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I fell out with the steam steraliser and stomach bug (weekend from hell)

Bex84

Reaction score
Friday was an awful day, LO had diahrea and was teething, my husband was teaching on a school trip in belgium till saterday and I dont drive so couldent take LO to doctor (so they phoned me). Doctor told me to give LO water, I was in a panic and went to steralise bottle, in my panic I stupidly opened the steam steraliser and didnt let cool and managed to get 2nd degree burns on my fingers from steam including my wedding ring finger, my fingers swelled and I had to pull my wedding and engagement ring off and now have loads of blisters. LO still ill over weekend then on sunday I come down with the bug and was constantly being sick, it was the weekend from hell. AHHHHHH rant over.
Has anybody else just had one of those times where you want to scream?

Aww :hugs:
Hope your fingers get better soon.

My lo has also had diarrhoea since Thursday, lots of nappy explosions aswell (not good when your in a car park having to do a nappy and full outfit change at tea time in the freezing cold and darkness :dohh: ha ha .. Have to laugh now but at the time really wasn't very funny) we've put it down to teething because he has been dine in himself x

my LO has been fine in herself to, though she has nappy rash poor thing. I thought it was teething until I started throwing up every 5 minutes. I have a new respect for the steraliser :haha: and wont be making the mistake again. Of course I have just had my first pp period which started on friday to (arnt you suposed to get a break when breast feeding :shrug:) so I had wondered if she was upset with the hormones changing. Nappy changes are always fun when it diahrea running everywhere :haha: it is also interesting when LO is trying to turn over at the same time :haha:

Aww babe!! Can't say I have.. :hugs: for you & LO though!! X

I had a day like that yesterday lo is teething and not taking his bottles at all, then yesterday morning I woke with stomach bug was sick all day. Felt so guilty my baby was propped up in pram most of the day and the toddler watched tv. I couldn't hardly lift head off sofa. Feeling a lot better today and looking back they were both fed and happy I think sometimes we r too hard on ourselves. Hope ur lo feels better soon.

We had a normal nappy today, I am so happy. I think my LO thought I was being a bit odd when she was sitting there with a poo covered nappy :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"