I felt it! ...i think...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by djgirl1976, Apr 20, 2009.

1. djgirl1976

djgirl1976 Expecting our 1st

OK, i know I am pretty early for this, but I am sure this was my baby moving. Last night I was leaning over the side of the sofa and getting into my handbag to sort through some things. Lets just say I was kind of bent up at a really weird angle. Then, really low, and sort of near my left hip I felt something wiggling! It was the oddest feeling! LIke it was squirming to move and not get squished. It brought me to tears because it was so odd...like an alien in there trying to get out. Then I felt just awful because I was afraid I might have hurt the little nugget:cry:
    Other than yesterday I have only felt flutters one time, but it was nothing like this. This was really like something in me was moving to get away/get comfortable. The only word I can think of to describe it is either wiggling or squirming. Since none of my organs squirm on their own, I am pretty convinced it had to be the baby. I just hope I didn't hurt the poor thing!

2. kaygeebee

kaygeebee Mum & Cautiously Pregnant

Sounds like it could be!! :)

I first felt baby at about 15 wks, but wasn't sure if it was the baby or not ... from 18 wks I was pretty sure it was the baby, and today I felt a kick from the outside for the first time!! :) It's soooo exciting, isn't it?? I never really got the flutters - just the odd squirm and then nudges that turned into proper little kicks! :)

3. babystar

babystar Guest

:hugs: I doubt you will have hurt it:) I cannot wait to feel my LO :)

:hugs:

4. kaygeebee

Yep - I meant to add that you won't have hurt it. :)

5. firegal

firegal Well-Known Member

It definitely could've been hun! It's quite early to be feeling movement, but if baby just happened to be in the right place at the right time then it's possible. I'm the same as kaygeebee, I had one or two little flutters and now I've started getting the weird (but wonderful) pops/nudges/kicks :)

Oh and don't worry, you won't have hurt it.

6. djgirl1976

Thank you girls! I do almost feel silly saying that this early, but it was SO unique. Nothing I have ever felt in my life. I really think it was just from the angle I was sitting. Otherwise I would never have felt it. And truly, what upset me far more than thinking I sound silly for saying I felt it was thinking I might have hurt poor baba...It would be so awful to think I was being a bad mother from 15 weeks on! LOL
    I guess that is why they tell preggo women to be careful with lifting and stretching, etc. Wouldn't want to intrude on babay's studio apartment in the old uterus:)

7. babystar

babystar Guest

you have me all excited!!! 2 days ago I could not sleep for wee fluttering kinda feelings and OH said it possibly could b the baby cos he read online that sometimes you have a fluttery sensation when the babyes still small in the womb. That got me excited too...although it prob wasnt that! But it makes me feel good so I will carry on believeing him :rofl:

:hugs:

8. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

sounds like LO moving about :) congrats and im sure you wont have hurt baby x

9. djgirl1976

Yes, I have heard that, as well, babystar. My Dr. told me it is called quickening the first time you KNOW it is the baby. Now, yesterday, I couldn't have been more sure, and I stil can't be told that it wasn't, however, I think it was my fault because of what I was doing. Had I been carrying on as usual, in a normal seated position or laying on the bed, I would never have felt this. Even though I'm certain that is what I felt, I wouldn't consider it to count because I would just be setting myself up to worry if I expected to start feeling it regularly right away. "Accidental quickening" is what this was...LOL.
    I imagine it will still be a few weeks at least before I feel something similar while behaving normally. The weeks are flying by anyway, so no hurry.
    Anyway, my point is, if you think you are feeling you LO, then that is what it is. Who cares if you're wrong:) (and if you are, when you DO feel it, you will KNOW)

10. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

Sounds like lo moving so congrats hon. You can't squash it as it has a big bubble of water around and a nice comfy thickly lined womb, nothing would get trapped but I know the feeling it happens a lot when you bend over, personally I think it's the vibrations we feel more than anything. :hugs:

11. Babydearest

Babydearest Well-Known Member

I think it could be! I felt my baby move at around 15 weeks. At 19 weeks I'm pretty sure what I felt at 15 weeks was the baby because the movements have become very familiar (and dear!!) to me now. It's the best feeling when baby moves :)

12. djgirl1976

Thanks, hun, I think I must be quick to forget the extra padding, etc they have to swim and bounce about in! It was just so startling:shock:
    My instinct was to blame myself and worry. I bet bub will avoid swimming over so far to the left for awhile...:rofl:
    I have to say, I am looking forward to feeling the baby moving around more, but not so much to getting those fabled kicks in the groin in the middle of the night!

13. kaygeebee

yeah, it's the kicks to the ribs I'm not looking forward to so much........ :lol:

14. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

Sounds like movement!!!! YAY :D amazing feeling

15. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

Congrats sounds like baby movement to me xxx

16. tj1091

tj1091 Waiting for October!!!!

I agree, think it def sounds like it was the bub moving. I'll be 15 weeks Wed and can't wait to feel movement! :D

17. djgirl1976

Thanks girls! I'm looking forward to more of this in the future, but hopefully next time it will not be because mommy squashed the LO! LOL!!

18. Chaos

Chaos Mum to one =)

Eh, I've been feeling mine for around 3 weeks. She's kicking like a goodun right as we speak. I put my hand on my belly and feel it thru my skin lol.

Something tells me shes gonna have strong legs!