I figured you ladies would know best!

Star7890

New mummy
Reaction score
Im popping over from second tri and I was wondering.. Ive seen a few posts here and there about growth scans or scans at 36ish weeks and wondering if everyone in the uk gets one or is it a one off thing if they feel baby is too big/small?

xx

Not everyone in the UK gets one unless dr or midwife wanna check placenta, baby's growth and baby's position or there is something they need to check

If all is ok u only get 2 scan last one at 20 weeks

Kinda sucks would love to see baby at 36 weeks or again for that matter hahah

Its so sad to think I wont be having any more scans though! I love seeing him! x

Im getting one but thats because im classed as high risk, well i was until my last scan!

Ive had 7 scans so far and they said they didnt need to see me again but I asked if I could have another one because at the last app the consultant said i would need it x

I have a high BMI so was under consultant care and thet gave me a scan at 34 weeks to check babies growth (larger ladies have a higher chance of having big babies). I actually had 2 at 20 weeks as the position was tricky at the first scan to see his heart. My consultant gave me a sneaky scan at 22 weeks as he had a machine in the room. I have to have another at 36 weeks as I have a little too much fluid. So I will have 6 scans which is lovely although bittersweet as it means not everything is perfect x

You will only get one if baby is measuring behind/ahead for dates or if there is a medical reason such as GD or placenta issues. x

Hi hun. Nah, in the UK we only get growth scans usually if there is a cause for concern, obvs everywhere is diff but here (Scotland) you only get a growth scan if its ordered by a consultant and obvs you'd be classed as high risk to be under consultant care. Although ive had 0 problems in this pregnancy so far, touch wood, i had more or less bled all the way through with my son so i had around 11 scans on the NHS, he was also IUGR and because of that (5lb 1oz born) i have had 1 growth scan and have another at 34wks.

If you've been prob free then be thankful for no more scans but know what your sayin about seein baby again, it is nice. Why don't you look into getting a private growth scan around 36wks? Something to break it up a bit :)

They only give you one if they think there are problems with their size or want to confirm if they're not in head down position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->