i finally get it!

florabean1981

mum to Harry 06/10/09
Reaction score
Ok, so this is kinda a pointless thread, but I just had an epiphany about this whole breastfeeding thing! :dohh:

I think I finally get it!!!!! :baby:

Today, we got the keys to our new house (the 1st one we've actually bought rather than rented) and me & LO were sat on the stairs while I fed him in our rather cold & completely empty house, lol, and I was humming away to pass the time while he nursed & I looked down & realised he'd stopped sucking (but still latched on) & was staring up at me. Now, he often does this when he takes a little break, but this was different. I said hello to him & he came off & gave me the biggest smile, then took my boob in his litle hands & latched back on, but carried on staring up at me...

I officially have a melted heart!!! :happydance:

It really dawned on me why I chose to breastfeed & this amazing bond that is building between us & how I hope to God that I'm setting him up for a bright, happy, friendly future that I can nurture for as long as I can. :hugs:

I'm just really happy now & I am so glad I chose to breastfeed (as I hadn't actually planned to, lol) and so greatful that my OH is really supportive of it too, so much so, HE told me he doesnt want me to back to work in February & that if I want, to only go back to work when we're ready to stop BFing as he sees it as its my job supporting my son in that way & his job to support him financially. Bless him. And I'm glad he bought it up as I was kinda gonna bring it up myself in the new year, lol.

anyway, this has turned out to be much longer than I thought, so appologies for that, but I just wanted to share my special little moment coz I'm a soppy git at heart :rofl:

Roll on the 3 month growth spurt!!! :argh:

Breastfeeding just gets better and better, doesn't it! I mean truthfully, the first few weeks can be quite hard. But nursing an older baby is a source of joy, and nursing a toddler is even better still!

Mel

Thank you for sharing that... I hadn't stopped to think about moments like that, but now I have something to aim for on the hard-work-days :)

my sister managed 13months with her 1st born so i kinda want to beat her, lol!

Aww! That brought tears to my eyes. So special. :cloud9:

Congrats on the house, too! :happydance:

It reminded me of the all the times Otter will unlatch, look up and me, give me a big open mouth grin, reach his little hand up to touch my cheek, then dive back on with a cheeky grin!

They may not be able to say "Thank You, Mum" but they know how to let you know!! :mrgreen:

my sister managed 13months with her 1st born so i kinda want to beat her, lol!

It has it moments thats for sure but time soon passes, especially once you start weaning and milk feeds drop. However long you manage is fab :thumbup:

I had my first proper milky smile a few days ago 2
:D:cry:
it was lovely, he rlly nestles in for his feeds now and in general is becoming such a lovely cuddly little boy :)
im soo happy 4 u,
nice 2 hear Harry is doing well :):) xxxx

Feel all tearful and emotional reading your post. Thanks for sharing. Like Seraphim said, something to get us through the tough days.

Aw Fleur your post made me cry!

I still have moments like that - some days when I am busy I just get on with feeding her and dont really stop to think what an amazing thing it is we are sharing. Its just so beautiful, and worth all the blood, sweat and tears in the beginning.

Holly now chats to me whilst she feeds - which means my nipple pops out of her mouth, which makes her giggle...its the best. She also hangs onto my boob with both hands when she is having a really good feed, and when she is getting sleepy she kind of strokes me whilst she feeds. Just gorgeous. Best thing in the world.

Yay you. Well done for getting this far. Long may it continue! xx

awww, thanks Carrie. Glad Holly's doing well too. I bet you're lokking forward to xmas with her! Once i'm sorted in the new house (so much to do!) we HAVE to fonally get round to that coffee!!!!

Aww- sweet moment and in your new house too :)

I had a similar moment with Emma when I realized that she likes to rub my back while feeding- she curls her bottom arm behind me and rubs my back as she feeds and gazes at me. Makes any frustration melt away for sure!

Kaites, that's so cute!!!!! harry tickles my armpit sometimes & it makes me squirm, lol. The things our babies do, hey?! :)

Kaites, that's so cute!!!!! harry tickles my armpit sometimes & it makes me squirm, lol. The things our babies do, hey?! :)

THAT is too cute!! Cheeky fellow :) They are definitely starting to develop little personalities, aren't they?

yeah, it's like theyre turning into people & not just babies, iykwim?

totally! Hate to admit it because it sounds like I didn't like being a mother before, but she's finally becoming "fun" to be around- again, it makes all the sleeplessness, growth spurt mega feeds, and colic worthwhile :)

Awwww - I can't wait for my little bun to look up at me and give me little smiles .. :cloud9:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->