i finally got my medela swing!!!!!!!!!

saraendepity

Daisy's Mummy and TTC!
Reaction score
totally pointless thread but i'm sooooo excited!! i bought my swing today £90 :shock: its being steralised now :wohoo: cant wait to use it!!!!!!!!!

Aww yay! I bought one and have used it about twice...! :dohh: Will have to save it for next time... I dont think I'd be able to pump anymore! x

I love mine. I dont use it any more but it'll be back out again in the spring! :D

well i used it!! much better than the crappy one i had before!! quick q tho..... how much would i expect to get at each sitting????? i plan on expressing once in a mornin once on an evening and sometime thru the night just to try to up my supply and also to try to have a stash so i can have just a little break once or twice :thumbup: i know its a 'how long is a piece of string question but just wanna no on average !!!!!!:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

I think its something that comes with practise hun, the more you pump, the more you'll be able to pump. Think its gota be done at the same time every day though. I was never any good at expressing at gave up pretty quickly.. was too impatient and got depressed at the measly 1oz that I got after an hour!! x

I love it!! I dont use mine much now but I defo got my moneys worth and will be saving for the next bubba :D

I have a swing and I love love love it!

As for how much....as Olivia is only waking once in the night now (woo!) I tend to pump the other side when I wake up to keep my supply up, and to stop the fullness. I'd say on average I get 4oz out of it.

It takes a bit of practice, but the main thing for me was to find the best position for your nipple inside the pump bit, and the best suction power for the initial quick sucky bit. Also switching to the slower suction as soon as you see those first drops of milk.

My freezer looks really healthy..now I've just got to try and make her take a bottle :dohh:
xxxx

I have a swing and I love love love it!

As for how much....as Olivia is only waking once in the night now (woo!) I tend to pump the other side when I wake up to keep my supply up, and to stop the fullness. I'd say on average I get 4oz out of it.

It takes a bit of practice, but the main thing for me was to find the best position for your nipple inside the pump bit, and the best suction power for the initial quick sucky bit. Also switching to the slower suction as soon as you see those first drops of milk.

My freezer looks really healthy..now I've just got to try and make her take a bottle :dohh:
xxxx
4 oz WOW i got 1 oz this mornin n i thought that was alot !!!! i'm soooo jealous!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I got half an oz to start and within weeks I was getting upto 6oz per side! Stick with it and it'll improve pretty quickly ;)

Once a day first thing. I got up an hour before LO and pumped both sides then I was done pumping for the day in one sitting. If LO wasnt awake when I was done I'd go back to bed till she woke up :)

yeh, it gets better as you pump more. i used to be able to get about 2oz each when i first started pumping but now i get about 5oz, keep going xx

wow thanks girlies!!!! i managed to get an ounce tonight and i dont normally get anywhere near that after a full days feeding :thumbup: hoping it keeps going like this !!!! :wohoo:

I have a swing, I pump three times a day and normally get a total of 7oz, only 2 or 3 oz at a time. I use 5 oz for DH to feed Grace in the evening and then 2 oz for my freezer stash.
I pump after Grace's first feed in the morning and then about lunch time and then when DH is feeding Grace.
I hope this helps
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"