I finally told my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by NatashaZ, Jan 30, 2011.

1. NatashaZ

NatashaZ Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I posted a few days ago about the struggles I'm having with my BF, being pregnant with little family/support, etc. Well, I told my boyfriend last night that I am pregnant. I started by apologizing for being so distant the past few weeks, and telling him I needed his support and understanding for what I was about to say, and... I told him. His reaction was so much more loving and kind and understanding than I imagined it would be. He hugged me and told me it is not a bad thing, just an unplanned one, and that we would figure it out together. We spent the rest of the night talking and eating good food and overall just having a nice time together.

It was very nice to experience good feelings with someone in regards to this pregnancy because I really was expecting everyone close to me to just be so disappointed and upset. But I don't feel as alone anymore :)

Thanks for the support, ladies. I would not have been able to clear my mind and focus on what to say had I not had so many comforting words from you all this week :)

2. MrsKnapp

MrsKnapp Teeny bit preggers!!

That is GREAT news!!
    Its so nice to hear about a guy who can feel good about this sort of thing, its so easy for men to run and hide. Its so nice to see a guy standing up to his responsiblities!!

GL with your pregnancy.
    H&H 9 months xxxx

3. CharlieKeys

CharlieKeys Well-Known Member

I'm glad he took it so well!! :) now enjoy the rest of your pregnancy together and don't worry about anyone else!

4. mummyto3

mummyto3 3 gorgeos kids

aw that wonderfull news darling x

5. Hevalouaddict

Hevalouaddict Mama to 3 beautiful babas

well you got a better reaction than me. I didn't know till 12weeks and i was mc'ing but i had my second twin still living. When i told him it was like hell had opened he was leaving, he wouldnt talk to me, he pushed me away then when i mc'd the second twin he was caring and a bit upset. I think it was just bravado at first thinking everything was fine then when we lost i think it hit him hard. Im glad your bf has been supportive and i hope you both enjoy the pregnancy

6. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

Awww what good news...sounds like a stand up guy...glad you have some support there even if you don't have it from family members (an aunt if I remember correctly). Maybe this will make things with your family easier, having the support of your BF.

7. Mollykins

Mollykins Well-Known Member

That's so lovely sweets! :hugs: So happy for you! Congratulations on your pregnancy love and I hope you have a very happy and healthy nine months.

8. Weeplin

Weeplin Proud mummy :)

That's really awesome! I'm really pleased for you x

9. kimbotrav

kimbotrav Well-Known Member

thats great congratulations :) xxxxx

10. Mummy~L

Mummy~L Mummy to 2

Glad he was supportive for you xx

11. WinterSnow

WinterSnow Well-Known Member

i think that is so nice to hear... we are worrying about so many other things already - his support and a good conversation is a great thing!

12. Newt

Newt tiny amphibious salamanda

:happydance: great news :hugs:

13. NatashaZ

NatashaZ Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. It is a relief. I hope the conversation with my aunt goes well, too. I am not telling her until after my next doc appointment.

14. LadyRoy

LadyRoy Well-Known Member

Really pleased for you both :) - hope you enjoy your little bundle of joy :hugs: