I forgot how much I hate being pregnant.

CordeliaJ

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, happy to do it to get my wonderful baby at the end, but geez it's not fun.

I'm barely 4 weeks in and already those familiar aches and pains down there are making me uncomfortable.
That and I am falling asleep at my desk, everything smells disgusting, and I feel sick but starving at the same time. Plus I can't whinge about it to anyone yet.

How did I forget all this?!:shrug:
I haven't forgotten that it's going to get much worse though...:sleep:

You are giving me hope for doing this again!! Sorry you are feeling so bad though! This will be my first and I have been struggeling with the thought of doing this again. I have been sick (sinus/ear infections) since before xmas. I am the only child and would not wish that on my kid. So if possible I will be doing this again to

I think next time I might tell a few friends sooner though. At least so that I will have someone else to complain to! Good luck!!

I think this several times a day, then feel guilty cause I'm so privileged to be feeling sick/being knackered!

I was saying to my boyfriend how bloody horrible this first bit is and marvelling that you forget all about it. It must just be cause after the first tri things get easier?

I'm really struggling and looking forward to having scan next week and being able to tell some family. Hoping once I see what's going on in there and with some support, I'll feel less overwhelmed!

I hear ya! I get hit pretty hard with pregnancy and its really no fun at all. While I do feel incredibly blessed for even being able to get pregnant, as I know of many others who struggle with fertility, it's a daily struggle for me. Its a long time to be feeling so rotten and miserable, I'm really glad this will be my last!

I love second and third trimester, but holy moly first trimester is a challenge. So tired, randomly nauseous, sore tummy, headaches, and a crazy 3 year old to chase after who is currently wanting Mommy to do everything and nothing depending on her mood. And work. Makes me wish I could be sleeping beauty for a few days!

hahah! I'm not laughing a you, I'm laughing because I am only 11 weeks and already forgetting how bad it was just a few weeks go. I told myself I'd never forget!

I kept telling my husband, why on earth would ANYONE do this more than once?! That's why women get pregnant, we're the only ones crazy enough to put ourselves through this multiple times!

I know it's because we usually start to feel better and then there's a cute little baby at the end and we feel like it was all worth it but it sure does suck. I'm 11 weeks and I still have that fog of discomfort at all times.

And you're right - the worst part is when most of us are keeping it a secret so nobody really sees how truly difficult of a time we're having. I hope my bosses understand that when I divulge my secret and they realize how many hoops I was jumping through for them during the most difficult phase!

Ugh, glad I'm not alone in this! Lol.

I really had a bad time with pregnancy with DS, and I struggled the entire way through. I'm hoping it'll be easier this time round, but doesn't feel like it, plus toddler to chase after too!

Yeah, I don't know HOW you do that. I'm barely recovering from being completely worthless and helpless for weeks. If I didn't have my husband here or had another baby or toddler to watch...no way. Hopefully having this baby will toughen me up, as I hope your toddler did for you. The second time around has to get easier, right?

Hiya. I know it's hard to believe we do this more than once on purpose lol. But we will forget again soon enough xx

Yeah, I don't know HOW you do that. I'm barely recovering from being completely worthless and helpless for weeks. If I didn't have my husband here or had another baby or toddler to watch...no way. Hopefully having this baby will toughen me up, as I hope your toddler did for you. The second time around has to get easier, right?

My 2nd was an easy contented baby while my first was a constant crier. If it'd been the other way round I have no idea how I'd have coped. I was on my own and they're 2yrs apart. They will be 11 and 9 when this one is born so a different story lol. Hopefully they can be a bit helpful. ..

Aww, tallybee, I was 11 and my sister was nine when my mum had our brother! I'm sure your kiddies will want to help a lot. It gave me a lot of life skills having a much younger sibling. He was my little pal :)

I don't know if it'll be easier, but I'll soon find out!
DS was a really unsettled baby & had loads of problems, and as a toddler he's still a bad sleeper, and wakes about 4/5 times a night!
I hope the next is easier, but if not, I'd be surprised for it to be worse than the first time, but don't want to jinx it! :-O

Aww, tallybee, I was 11 and my sister was nine when my mum had our brother! I'm sure your kiddies will want to help a lot. It gave me a lot of life skills having a much younger sibling. He was my little pal :)

Aw that's good to know xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"