I got ID'd.......

sue_88

Reaction score
For Alcohol-Free Cider :shrug:

I don't mind as I always carry my license, but it did spark a conversation with the checkout girl.....are there still rules about buying 'Alcohol Free'?

:)

I think we got ID'd for Alcohol Free beer once, can't remember if you had to be 18 or 16 to buy it though. Considering you're probably more likely to get wasted on liqueur chocolates it's a bit weird :haha:

I got ID'd for Shloer once :haha:

Yep alcohol free stuff still needs id as alot of it still has a very small amount of alcohol in it.

Yep alcohol free stuff still needs id as alot of it still has a very small amount of alcohol in it.

Yeah thought that would probably be the reason. But still....I worked out that you'd need to consume over 120 bottles to match one bottle of the 'normal' stuff.

Seems crazy as I'm not even sure any kid would go to those lengths! lol

It is such a tiny amount it seems silly.

It always amused me when people would return alcohol free beer and moan at me because they picked up the wrong one, not my fault they didnt read the label lol

My room mate is a manager my sainsnurys. He told me about this, apparently it's the law. I find it odd x

I wouldn't id but I would and have denied selling it to a parent who was going to give it to their small child. Alcohol free beer and cider still have a 0.5% alcohol content so technically It still has some in just extremely little. Suppose it just depends on the individual who's selling it to you.

Its not down to the individuel though, its the law/policy. If someone looked under 25 and was buying à age restricted item then I had to I'D them.

i agree with it being an age restricted product, i mean could you imagine kids hanging about drinking bottles of becks blue or whatever, it would do nothing more than encourage drinking

When i was 25 i got id to buy strepsols lol.

When i was 25 i got id to buy strepsols lol.

On the night Alex was born, I got ID'd for Canesten :blush: and I had no ID!
Had I known it was impending labour and not thrush I might have avoided embarrassing myself and the young fella on the till! :rofl:

Its not down to the individuel though, its the law/policy. If someone looked under 25 and was buying à age restricted item then I had to I'D them.

This is true, it's seen as gross misconduct in some companies, it's not worth risking your job

It's defiantly law in the uk not to sell non alcoholic beers/ciders but in some states in the US it's not it just depends where you live. There's also some laws where if you work in a bar/restaurant 16 and 17 years olds can have 1pint of lager, 175ml glass of wine or a single measured spirit with mixer with a sit down meal so if a family came In to where I work for a sit down meal and their 16 yearlong wanted say an alcohol free koppaberg then I'd sell it to them because there's laws stating that its ok for that 16 year old to have 1 drink in this situation. I see I was wrong to say it depends on the individual but what I meant by that is some bar staff or shop workers never ask for I'd and will happily sell alcohol to anyone regardless of the law they just don't care until they get caught and fined lol

It does seem odd but totally understand it. Even if the alcohol amount is tiny it is still classed as having alcohol as an ingredient.

Presumably the laws re buying alcohol were put in place prior to virtually alcohol free beers etc came into the marketplace. Maybe this needs updating but putting percentage based laws in place possibly leads to potential confusion - and there's many more bills I think parliament can be spending their time on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->