I got made fun of!

jessmke

Reaction score
I am 14 weeks with my first. I've always been a runner, but didn't run at all in the first tri because I was feeling so sick. Finally the nausea has let up so yesterday I hit my favourite trail. I took it slow and walked the uphill parts, it felt so good to be running again! A couple of mountain bikers were coming towards me so I stepped aside to let them pass, and one of them said 'Ya, you run that belly off!' I couldn't believe it, I got called fat! I am showing a little bit, and I've put on 3 lbs so far. I am a little round in the middle, but even if I weren't pregnant i'd still be far from overweight. I couldn't believe it, that jerk totally ruined my run and my good mood, and has made me very self conscious.

Oh goodness. Don't let him ruin your mood. People will just be jerks sometimes.

Good for you for getting back into running. :) I try to exercise this pregnancy but am just always so exhausted!

Thanks for the reply! I am racing Ironman Canada in summer 2016, 7 months after baby is born, so I'm trying to stay active during pregnancy. Yesterday was the first real exercise I've done in months and I was really happy about it until I ran I to that guy!

Good on you for staying fit and exercising, ignore silly little people like that :). It's not easy working out while pregnant but it's definitely worth it :).

Ugh what a doofus! Seriously who feels the need to belittle someone like that? Don't let him get to you, you enjoy your running :)

Oh my gosh that is horrible! I would have told him off and said that I was pregnant as well, but I am not good at biting my tongue.

He sounds like an idiot but do you think he knew you were pregnant and attempting being humorous? Obviously not funny I know but maybe he was just trying to have a cheeky little joke with you. Either way don't let it bother you, you are starting to show which should make you feel excited and proud!

That's awful and immature :( (which is where I'm immature and say it's unfortunate you couldn't trip up his bike. Ass.)

I know it's hard, but try not to let jerks like that ruin running for you.

In my (little) experience on the bike trails with DH (only a handful of times in the past), people seem to have a general respect for each other out there and have never been rude. I think many people just appreciate seeing others sharing the things they love whether biking, running, walking, or general physical activity.

Try not to let it discourage you from going back. :hugs:

Take comfort in the fact that you are growing a human and are pregnant, not fat. It is a temporary change to your body, HOWEVER him being a narrow minded arsehole is something he is going to have to live with for life.

Chin up, you are awesome for running. The most I'm managing in a 3 mile walk here and there xx

When I was a teenager I went for a run (I wasnt pregnant or fat) but some people laughed at how I ran and I've never run again! Don't let idiots ruin it for you.

I would either run after him and eat him, or perhaps yell something like 'i have a belly, yes, cos i am pregnant.... Whats your excuse, fatso?'

Subtle.
Hope he stepped in dog poop.

Good Lord, I would've yelled back that I was pregnant. Ignore him.

Definitely would have yelled "It's called being pregnant". I would think anyone out exercising should be encouraging each other no matter what their size. He sounds like a total douche!

He was moving pretty fast and I was so surprised that I didn't say anything back to him. It's quite odd because most people on the trails are really welcoming of anyone out there getting some exercise regardless of their size or ability. But I guess there's always a bad apple. I have a belly but it's not super firm yet so I don't think he knew I was pregnant, to be fair I do look like I just drink too much beer! I told my hubby when I got home and he was pretty mad, but now he thinks it's funny to call me fatty. Glad it's catching on! I'm going running again today and am going to wear a tight top so my gut can hang out in all it's glory!

should of threw a rock at em! I kid but seriously what a dick

He was moving pretty fast and I was so surprised that I didn't say anything back to him. It's quite odd because most people on the trails are really welcoming of anyone out there getting some exercise regardless of their size or ability. But I guess there's always a bad apple. I have a belly but it's not super firm yet so I don't think he knew I was pregnant, to be fair I do look like I just drink too much beer! I told my hubby when I got home and he was pretty mad, but now he thinks it's funny to call me fatty. Glad it's catching on! I'm going running again today and am going to wear a tight top so my gut can hang out in all it's glory!

There always has to be a jerk around somewhere, but it is nice to know that the majority on the trials are nice and encourage.

And I really hope you're DH doesn't keep calling you that. I can't really tell how you feel about that based on your post (but I'd deck mine if he said that - though I am overweight so he wouldn't exactly be wrong lol).

I'm glad you're getting back out there and letting it all hang out! :haha: Wear that bump proudly! Sod anyone who is nasty to you because of it.

He was being a jerk. Don't let it put you off. Good on you for wanting to keep fit 😊

Aww what a jerk. He must have really been having a crap day to say something like that. Hopefully he fell off his bike that day :happydance:

He sounds like an idiot but do you think he knew you were pregnant and attempting being humorous? Obviously not funny I know but maybe he was just trying to have a cheeky little joke with you. Either way don't let it bother you, you are starting to show which should make you feel excited and proud!
I was wondering this too? Can't believe anyone could be so nasty

Karma always gets people like that. Let it hang out in all its glory and be proud that you're pregnant AND exercising! You and spunky are right, he must be a rare breed, most people out there givin 'er are just happy and supportive to see others doing the same, no matter what their size. That's why I'm positive karma will take good care of that duschbag. Crank up your tunes, chin up and carry on fit mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->