I got scared!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Lil_Baby_Boo, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Lil_Baby_Boo

Lil_Baby_Boo Well-Known Member

I didn't think it would be appropriate to post this yesterday with Gill going for her induction I didn't really want her to see it and make her even more nervous......but.......

I went to Hosp on Sunday night as there was something bugging me & wanted to have it checked (TBH I probably could have lived with it but with being Overdue I was prepared to try/do anything to be induced!)

Anyways OH & I are Sat in the assesment room baby had been monitored, my BP & temp done & everything was fine! Then the Midwife said she'd be back in a few mins as a lady had just come in and she needed to be delt with which was fine by me! After about 40 mins she popped her head around the door and apoligised again (she was so lovely) but obviosly there were people who needed to be seen before me!

At about 10:45 we heard (what sounded like young girl) really groaning with pain then the alarms in her room started going! I heard a midwife say about moving her to a labour room and then she started screaming, it sounded like they'd moved her just outside her room and she was really screaming saying "its not fair!", "I can't do it!", "owwwwwww!!!!" and threw up! They decided to move her back to the assesment room and I heard the MW say she'd go and get some gas & air! At this point I was covering my ears as the screaming was getting horrific, I've never heard someone in so much pain!
    After about 20 mins of non stop screaming it went quiet......me & OH just looked at each other and a few mins later we heard a baby crying!!

It was really frightening but also nice to hear the baby!

The midwife popped back in and said sorry again....think she could see the horror on my face so she just said 'Little Girl, very quick labour!'

When we were finished I was just putting some things in my notes only hear someone else screaming......eeeeekkk!!! I practically ran out the door!!!

Kinda made me a tad nervous now!!! :wacko:

2. Jo

Jo I'm an old bag!

Aww chick that must have been scary to hear, you should have heard me i would have put Gordon Ramsey to shame LOL

Don't be too put off by hearing all that, you'll understand more when the time comes really, gosh that sounds horrid i don't mean it like that

Its just with your first everything scares the crap out of you its the fear of the unknown i think

You'll be fine babe honest :)

3. ablaze

ablaze lucky mum of one of each!

see, wen ur in labour u dont think of those round you lol, like jo sed, ull soon understand, i was screaming and swearing!!! lol its not as bad as it sounds tho :hugs:

4. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Ohhh now I dunno if to be nervous or laugh ... I've reacted in both ways so far :lol:

:hugs:

Hope your right jo lol x

5. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

dont worry hun... when you're going through it it doesnt seem so bad i promise...

6. Jo

Jo I'm an old bag!

Honest it is loads scarier to hear the person in the next room screaming like a banshee, than when you do it your self, my MW laughed at me and we later realised i should have had a swear box, would have bought some lovely outfits!!!!:lol:

7. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I won't lie to you the pain is horrendous, I was induced and it took me 3 days to give birth. Yet I didn't scream, didn't cry, didn't swear, I was just exhausted and moaned a little and I had just gas and air.

Just think that when it's over you'll have that tiny baby all cuddled up in your arms completely dependant on you.

Cx

8. bek74

bek74 Mum of 5

When I was pregnant, I heard all the horror stories and I wasn't sure what to make of it all.

To be honest, yes it does hurt and you may scream or swear as a way of release, but honestly mate, if giving birth was as bad as it sounds we wouldn't go back time after time.

You will be wonderful and if it gets to much, then they have drugs for that.

I wish you all the best and I know you will do fine. Don't focus on the labour, focus on holding your beautiful baby in your arms.
    :hugs::hugs::hugs: