I guess it's better that I got to L & D right?

daisyr21

Cookin' baby # 3
Reaction score
Well earlier this morning I was sitting on my exercise ball just swaying back and forth when I felt two small gushes of fluid. I went to check my pad but it was just damp, there was no odor so I know it was not pee. I put on another pad and laid down for about 30 minutes and when I got up the pad was dry. I gave in and called my doctors office. The nurse finally called me back and said that the best bet is to go and make sure that it wasn't my waters. I explained to her that I really haven't had any contractions and I don't seem to be leaking anymore but she said it's better to go get checked since I'm a day overdue. I'm kind of annoyed that we have to go because I really don't want it to be a waste of time. The only thing is that this is exactly what happened with my DS, I was sure I had peed myself but it turned out that it was my water and I started having contractions later that night. I don't want to get my hopes up and I really wish there was a way to be sure without having to go to L & D. I don't even know if it's normal to not have any real patterned contractions after your water breaks. It's 4:10 pm here and I felt the gushes around 11:30 this morning. I'm pretty annoyed!!

I've heard of it happen where someone's water has gone and they haven't had contractipns start on their own. Always best to get it checked :)

I didn't have contractions until about 12 hours after my waters broke. Good luck x

My hind waters went early evening on the Saturday with my son and I had him at 00:14 on the Wednesday. My contractions didn't start til 10pm on the Tuesday and that was following them breaking the rest of the bag of waters.

Good luck xx

With my dd my contractions never started and I was induced! I hope they start for you :)

FALSE ALARM!!! baby is still having a grand ol time in there. At least I know that she is doing ok. Have my appointment tomorrow, lets see what doc says. I really hope she comes before the 8th since that is when we will really start discussing induction and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->