I guess this is going to interfere with my jiu-jitsu training

Proserpina

Mother of Dragons
Reaction score
Hey BnB,

I started posting here in 2012 when I was planning/TTC. Got a BFP rather quickly in January 2013 and my life took off on a roller coaster ride from there as my husband effectively abandoned the family soon after. My son was born in September 2013 and we divorced in October 2014 after 11 years of marriage. Though I occasionally posted on the single parents' forum, my participation here gradually fizzled, as I think it does for most of us once the kids are out of us.

I re-married in June of last year to a man who deeply loves my two kids as his own, but still wanted at least one biological son or daughter. We have been NT/NP since April and I fell in love with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) a few months ago, have been training 3-5 times a week since. Wouldn't you know it, woke up on Monday morning feeling a tad nauseous and knowing my period was late. Took a pregnancy test after 6 AM BJJ and sure enough, BFP. New husband managed to knock me up!

I have mixed feelings about this pregnancy. I'm disappointed to be putting so much of my life on hold, but I'd always agreed to give new-husband a kid and now is about as good a time as any. But while I took my time and enjoyed the last pregnancy (despite my tumultuous life at the time), this time I can't wait to be done with all of this.

Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know people here and it's good to be back.

- Proserpina

Congratulations :)

My friend also did jiu jitsu pre-pregnancy and did have to stop once she found out, for obvious reasons, but slowly got back into it by 6 weeks post-partum and is now doing better than pre-pregnancy.

Hi there. Welcome back and congratulations!

I can’t imagine how it must have been for you to go through the difficulties you mentioned. It’s good you have a loving husband. Wishing you all the best for a safe and healthy pregnancy. Hugs! :hugs:

Congratulations!

Thank you for the good wishes. Apparently I was a little more pregnant than I thought I was when I wrote this post; about 6 wks + 2 days on BFP day.

I have continued with jiu-jitsu, but no rolling, no takedowns, no positional sparring, no knee-on-belly. My instructor sometimes offers to get choked in my place. He's gallant like that. Taking things slowly and carefully and listening to my body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->