I had my beautiful baby boy at 39 weeks, and good thing I did

Angelkissiz

Mommy
Reaction score
And what an experience it was!! I was induced on the 26th, at 8 in the morning, I was not dialated or effaced, they soft end my cervix, and 3 hours later I was 3 centimeter, and 70% thinned. By 11 they started pitocin and I was checked a gain at 1, where I was 5 centimeters, my mid wife broke my water! Contractions started immediately there after, and I of course got the epidural, bye four I started hearing an odd sound on the heart monitor, and my husband kept trying to distract me, the nurses and dr.s rushed in, my lo's heart beat was down to 60, they checked me thinking the baby was ready to come, I was only 8, and had been 8 for sometime! They had us all ready for an emergence c-section, they shut the pitocin off, and I was freaking out about having a -section, but they switched my position, and his heart rate stabalized, so they were going to give me another hour of labor or I would get the section, well by six the contractions began starting again, and I felt slight pressure, I let the Dr. know, she checked and I was 9, she told me to push and I was then a 10!! Well the babies head was side ways so the dr. turned it, 4 pushes later sweet baby Brixton arrived!!! ,

Poor baby brixton has pretty high jaundice levels, he is here at home on bili blankets! also we were told today that he hada hernia, but it is easily fixable!!

I would also like to share with you all that Brixton suffered from something called a 2 vessel cord, I had several ultra sound throughout the pregnancy, my last one being at 35 weeks, I was told then that he was growing just right and he would be fine! However at delivery we got awful news he was born only weighing 6 pounds 10 ounces, and 4 weeks earlier he had measured 6 pounds, so he ad not grown at all in the last two weeks of pregnancy, I was 39 weeks and 1 day at delivery, and I was told if he had not been delivered that day, he more then likely would have suffered fetal demise, his cord was hanging on by a thread, it was the scariest thing I had ever heard in my whole life. His cord fell off the night he was born!! So all in all this was a terribly upsetting pregnancy, ful of worry, and feeling like the dr.s were not as concerned as they should have been! But I am so blessed to have my beautiful baby boy alive and well with us today!!

Attachments

• 179468_1542589892191_1458275009_31092255_4014035_n.jpg
    179468_1542589892191_1458275009_31092255_4014035_n.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 35
I'm so glad your beautiful baby boy is here now and healthy. How scary for you. :hugs:

Awwww he is super cute!! Congratulations!!! :D xx

wow congrats!!! and big big hugs!:hugs::hugs::hugs: im glad that lo is ok and everything.

I dont understand how such a serious routine check can be ignored :( So pleased you had him when you did, its scarey how different things could be for you right now :( Congratulations on beautiful baby x

thank god they induced you when they did, you must of had angels around you to make sure he came to you healthy congratulations his lovely xx

That is truly frightening - how did they miss the signs?

So thrilled he is okay now. He is super cute. Well done with the birthing!

I don't think they did miss the signs she said she had several trasounds throughout the pregnancy which I'm guessing was due to the cord, and his growth was fine up till right at the end when she didn't have an ultrasound so they couldnt have known. It sounds like they didn't take it 'seriously' but it's actually a lot more common than people think to have a 2 or even in some cases 1 vessel cord and they generally just have to monitor the baby and induce / section early if and when needed

To the op - congrats on your baby he's gorgeous! Xxx

WOW...I stay amazed how things are out of control right up to the end. You are blessed! Congratulations on a safe delivery!

thank you all, yes it was a very scary pregnancy! I do know that the 2 vessel cords are fairly common, however I had made it quite known to the dr. that his movements were getting so in frequent and then they completely stopped, and they acted very un concerned, so I do believe next baby I will be seeing a different group of dr.s

Thank the lord you had him!
He is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure you've been counting your blessings that he is out of the womb and safe!

Congratulations, thank goodness he is doing well I agree the angels were looking out for him xx

wow!!!... so glad hes doing well!!!

he is gorgeous!!! congratulations :) xx

Congratulations and I'm glad everything is ok!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->