I had my beautiful baby boy at 39 weeks, and good thing I did

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Angelkissiz, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Angelkissiz

Angelkissiz Mommy

And what an experience it was!! I was induced on the 26th, at 8 in the morning, I was not dialated or effaced, they soft end my cervix, and 3 hours later I was 3 centimeter, and 70% thinned. By 11 they started pitocin and I was checked a gain at 1, where I was 5 centimeters, my mid wife broke my water! Contractions started immediately there after, and I of course got the epidural, bye four I started hearing an odd sound on the heart monitor, and my husband kept trying to distract me, the nurses and dr.s rushed in, my lo's heart beat was down to 60, they checked me thinking the baby was ready to come, I was only 8, and had been 8 for sometime! They had us all ready for an emergence c-section, they shut the pitocin off, and I was freaking out about having a -section, but they switched my position, and his heart rate stabalized, so they were going to give me another hour of labor or I would get the section, well by six the contractions began starting again, and I felt slight pressure, I let the Dr. know, she checked and I was 9, she told me to push and I was then a 10!! Well the babies head was side ways so the dr. turned it, 4 pushes later sweet baby Brixton arrived!!! ,

Poor baby brixton has pretty high jaundice levels, he is here at home on bili blankets! also we were told today that he hada hernia, but it is easily fixable!!

I would also like to share with you all that Brixton suffered from something called a 2 vessel cord, I had several ultra sound throughout the pregnancy, my last one being at 35 weeks, I was told then that he was growing just right and he would be fine! However at delivery we got awful news he was born only weighing 6 pounds 10 ounces, and 4 weeks earlier he had measured 6 pounds, so he ad not grown at all in the last two weeks of pregnancy, I was 39 weeks and 1 day at delivery, and I was told if he had not been delivered that day, he more then likely would have suffered fetal demise, his cord was hanging on by a thread, it was the scariest thing I had ever heard in my whole life. His cord fell off the night he was born!! So all in all this was a terribly upsetting pregnancy, ful of worry, and feeling like the dr.s were not as concerned as they should have been! But I am so blessed to have my beautiful baby boy alive and well with us today!!

Attached Files:

2. parkgirl

parkgirl Mom to Iris

I'm so glad your beautiful baby boy is here now and healthy. How scary for you. :hugs:

3. gemm

gemm Mum of 3 Boys :)

Awwww he is super cute!! Congratulations!!! :D xx

4. babynmee

babynmee Well-Known Member

wow congrats!!! and big big hugs!:hugs::hugs::hugs: im glad that lo is ok and everything.

5. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

I dont understand how such a serious routine check can be ignored :( So pleased you had him when you did, its scarey how different things could be for you right now :( Congratulations on beautiful baby x

6. spring_baby

spring_baby <a href="http://pregnancy

thank god they induced you when they did, you must of had angels around you to make sure he came to you healthy congratulations his lovely xx

7. ummar

ummar Well-Known Member

That is truly frightening - how did they miss the signs?

So thrilled he is okay now. He is super cute. Well done with the birthing!

8. winegums

winegums Well-Known Member

I don't think they did miss the signs she said she had several trasounds throughout the pregnancy which I'm guessing was due to the cord, and his growth was fine up till right at the end when she didn't have an ultrasound so they couldnt have known. It sounds like they didn't take it 'seriously' but it's actually a lot more common than people think to have a 2 or even in some cases 1 vessel cord and they generally just have to monitor the baby and induce / section early if and when needed

To the op - congrats on your baby he's gorgeous! Xxx

9. katsina

katsina 1st preg, 3rd trimester

WOW...I stay amazed how things are out of control right up to the end. You are blessed! Congratulations on a safe delivery!

10. Angelkissiz

Angelkissiz Mommy

thank you all, yes it was a very scary pregnancy! I do know that the 2 vessel cords are fairly common, however I had made it quite known to the dr. that his movements were getting so in frequent and then they completely stopped, and they acted very un concerned, so I do believe next baby I will be seeing a different group of dr.s

11. brunette&bubs

brunette&bubs Mommy to James

Thank the lord you had him!
    He is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure you've been counting your blessings that he is out of the womb and safe!

12. bababear

bababear Well-Known Member

Congratulations, thank goodness he is doing well I agree the angels were looking out for him xx

13. cerrie311

cerrie311 Guest

Sooo glad everything is a-ok mama!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!

14. x Alanna x

x Alanna x Well-Known Member

wow!!!... so glad hes doing well!!!

he is gorgeous!!! congratulations :) xx

15. NicoleB

NicoleB Mama Of Many & Lovin It

Congrats he is beautiful!!

16. Savannah11

Savannah11 Love my boys xxx

congrats he is gorgeous! x

17. austinsmom

austinsmom Well-Known Member

what a blessing hun :flower:

18. HoPiNg4AbAbY

HoPiNg4AbAbY Active Member

Congratulations... Have faith.. n things will go ur way

19. Kitten596

Kitten596 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and I'm glad everything is ok!!!

20. camerashy

camerashy Well-Known Member

he's gorgeous well done + congrats :)x