I hate my boss!

LynnieH

Reaction score
My boss rang me yesterday to tell me that school had passed their OFSTED inspection and discuss my return to work.

I really love my job, for those of you who don't know I teach a special needs class of six children all aged between 4 and 7. They are a lovely bunch of kids and I have missed them being off.

Anyway when I return to work I am going back to a completely different job. I understand why she has decided not to put me back in my class, as it may disrupt the children. But I am not going to have a job as such and she is creating a role for me. I will be with a different class every day, different set of children, different age group and not special needs. I am sure what she is doing is illegal as she is supposed to have my job available for me when I return. I did everything the correct way and she always knew when I would be returning. There is also the issue of money as I get an allowance for the special needs teaching, I am sure I need to go back o the same wage.

Anyway she has made the idea of returning to work much more stressful than it was before and I am not happy at all. I am being told it is only for five week and one of my friends said I should take it as a complement that she thinks I can cope with that sort of job and my replacement wouldn't.

Sorry girls, pointless rant but it helps me feel better!

This is only for 5 weeks then you go back to the class you teached?

I think if your not happy you should speak up esspecially if it includes loss of earnings too!

:hugs:

yer you should arrange a meeting and just tell your boss your concern.

also the same questions as wobbles

Hun she is a moose!!

Ring up CAB too she shouldnt be allowed to do that

xxx

Lynnie i'm sure this isn't legal, that's why you often see jobs advertised for maternity cover, they have to give you your old job back. I don't think they can cut your pay either. Like Imi says seek advice. Are you a member of a union Lynnie, 'cos i'd have thought your union rep would be able to advise you.

:hugs::hugs: its a horrible feeling isn't going back to work. I'm trying not to think about it. I'm going back in 4 weeks i don't know where the time has gone. Doing fewer days for first 6 weeks.

I have decided that as long as I don't have my wages reduced I will go along with what she has planned for the five weeks. But I will make it clear I am not pleased.

What bothers me is that I will have two days with year 6 who have finished their SATs and are only thinking about going to high school. They will not want to work and are notoriously badly behaved at this time of year. I then have another day in anither class and then a fourth day in a different class again and the fifth day could be anywhere. I just feel so unsettled and it is not the best way to feel when returning to work as I don't know what each day will bring.

I understand her thinking but find her incredibly patronising when she speaks to me. She says things like it for your own benefit and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.Blah, blah, blah.....

I don't think its fair lynnie at all. Its the last thing you need when going back to work, being so unsettled.

Hope u get something sorted.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"