I hate myself for feeling this way :(

Reaction score
I feel like a horrible person for even writing this. I have no one to talk to and I feel like if I do I will be judged.I have suffered many miscarriages and am very blessed to even carry this baby. My husband and I have 3 girls together and I just found out we are expecting a 4th girl. This will be my last pregnancy and I was really hoping that this would be our boy. My husband really wanted a boy so bad. Not to mention both of his brothers wives are expecting and they are carrying boys.
As soon as the tech told me it was a girl I felt sad immediately . I should be happy that the baby is healthy but all I can think about is its not a boy. I keep thinking I am only 15 weeks maybe they are wrong but there are clearly no boy parts I am now worried I will not bond with this baby and Im hating myself for it! I know I need to just be happy because I am so blessed to have healthy children Thank you for listening.

Try not to beat yourself up over this! I think the way you are feeling is very normal. It may take a while to adjust to the idea of another girl but I can guarantee once your baby is in your arms for the first time you will love her just the same. I wanted a girl soo bad the first time I was a little sad when it was a boy. As soon as I saw him I loved him and everything I worried about didn't seem to matter anymore. I find out in a couple weeks if baby number 2 is a boy, and even though I'm still desperately wanting a girl.. I will just try to remind myself how I felt last time when I met my son! I grew up around girls and was worried I wouldn't know what to do with a boy but our bond is amazing.

I know it's hard at first but it will get better! Try focusing on the good things about having daughters instead of the sadness you feel over missing out on a boy.

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. It's taken me a while but i'm getting my head round it more and more there are days where im so excited for her. I just need her here though to get all of these silly thoughts out of my head.

I think it's harder to deal with while your pregnant but as soon as your baby is here you may find your feelings change. All the way through my second pregnancy I kept hoping for a girl but when he arrived and it was our second boy I was disappointed initially but as soon as I held him all that went away. I hope the same happens for you.

I wanted to chime in and say that most people respond by saying that once you have that baby in your arms, you'll forget all these feelings. I want to say that you might have the opposite reaction and that's OKAY too. When I had my second boy, it took months for me to really bond with him. I dealt with my motherly duties and thought he was okay, but I was resentful that he wasn't a girl. Over time though, he stole my heart and he's the love of my life now. So long as the emotions are in check and they're not engulfing you in postpartum depression, give yourself time and do your best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->