I hate playground politics!

hypnorm

Reaction score
Ewans first year in school, he is in reception.
He is the youngest in his class being an august birthday, but is actually the biggest which goes against him a bit.

Last week Ewan bit one of the other children, all sorted mother appologised also saying that her son probably did a bit of provoking!

Past few mornings since half term one of the lads comes up and starts hitting Ewan and looking directly at me.. thought he was going to bash Robyn in her push chair at one point. Actually had to tell boy 'thats enough go away' Ewan usually like to go off and play in a morning but within a couple of minutes he back at my side.

This morning a group of older kids come chasing after Ewan, i see that it is one of the lads older brothers. I then get a dad coming up to me saying that Ewan has bashed said kid in the face, so i appologise, dad is ok about saying boys will be boys but it really makes me feel crappy.

Parents aren't supposed to approach other parents with playground problems, can't speak to his usual teacher as she is off sick at the moment.
wish i could be abit more hard nosed about it, but i got bullied alot and really don't want Ewan to.

Ewan got really told off about biting another child and the teacher had a word with me, so i think i will be having a word about the other kids either after school or at parents evening next week.

Thought playgroup was bad enough! parents complaining that their dearest was being pushed.

Hi,

Just to say you really need to nip it in the bud asap. Older kids will seek out little ones to see which ones will 'take it'. If they realise from the start that this kid.. and his mum!.. will not tolerate such behaviour they should move on to the next unlucky kid!

You need to make sure you talk to your son's teacher straight away to make sure as many people as possible are aware of what's going on. Then they can keep an eye on the situation when you're not there. Sometimes just having words with other parents isn't enough as you don't know what their policies are at home.. they may not tell them off at all.

Make sure your son keeps talking to you and knows your on his side.

I know boys will be boys.. my son is 7 next week so I know all too well!! and they need to learn to stick up for themselves a bit and not be a 'telltale'! But they also need to learn what's acceptable and to report someone if they're not happy.

Sorry to go on, but hope it's some reassurance and advice..

Good luck. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->