I hate the doctors and hospital here

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
My little girl is my last. I am absolutely SURE of that, for MANY reasons. I've only ever wanted three kids, and she's my third. I'll have a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a newborn in three months time. I've just finished theory in college and am on a 600 hour externship. My husband is losing his job on our daughter's fourth birthday and we'll live off his severance until it runs out in October, when I'll take over working.

Anyway, I want to have my tubes tied after this pregnancy and ASAP after this pregnancy, preferably while I'm still in the hospital or shortly after, since my fertility returns shortly after giving birth.

Well, I just talked to the obstetrician's office here to find out if they've received my referral yet and they said they had but they can't get me an appointment until April, and it'll be another 3 months after that before they can even get me in. Not only that, but they're not sure if they want to perform that procedure on a woman my age!!

I feel like I'm being treated like a child who can't make a decision for myself based on what's best for me and my family. I'll be 25 years old when I have the baby, I'll have 3 kids under 4, one of them has special needs. My family is going to depend on me for financial support in a few short months. I know my family is complete, and I'm ready to start on my career.

My husband did have a vasectomy when our son was 5 weeks old, but we found out this past August that it failed.

What the hell do I do? This is outrageous?!

my friend is 26 has 3 kids aged 4, 3, and 1. she asked for sterilisation after the last ones birth and was told they cannot perform it in women under 30 unless you have a medical condition that means having a child could be harmful. thats in the uk though so i dont know how your rules will differ there x

My mom had hers done after my youngest brother was born. He was her third and she was 26. That was back in 1992, though. I find it outrageous that they feel they have the right to tell me that I'm too young to make decisions about my body and based on what I feel is best for my family.

There are no laws here that limit the age at which you can have it done.

It isn't a law in the Uk either, it's just that they won't do it under a certain age. I am nearly 27 and want my tubes tying because contraception does not agree with me at all. My Doc said they can refer me but wether the gynea will do it is a different matter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->