I hate the NHS !!!

natp18

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

This is the first time I have posted on this forum, I usally post on the loss
forum after loosing my Angels. It seems now more challenges have been chucked at us hence why I have found myself here...........The below post was origionally posted on the loss forum and I was told about this forum.

Sorry to moan but I am so angry and upset. You know when you think things cant get any worse,they seem to do with me.

Those of you who dont know I lost my Angel Lillie in October 2009 and her twin back in June.I also lost a baby 3 years ago through early misscarriage.It took me 2 years to get pregnant with Lillie due to me having low progestion levels.
The month I finally got refered to the fertility clinic at the hospital was the month we found out we was having Lillie. Hence why we never went for our fertility appointment.
After having Lillie I knew straight away I wanted TTC again ,not to replace Lillie and our other 2 Angels but because I wanted my Angels to have sibblings so there memory would live on through them.Also me and my partner tried for so long and have alot of love to give to a baby.
I spoke to my GP last month as we knew that there was a problem with my progestion levels making it very hard for me to concieve. He said not to worry as the fertility clinic can give you something to help with low progestion levels its a tablet called Clomid. I was also concerned if I had any damage to any of my reproductive parts as I had suffered with alot of infections and a really bad uterus infection I got from the CVS procedure the hospital did. Apparently infections can causes scarring which can lead to fertility issues so my GP said they will be able to do a procedure where they can check for damage. Anyway they are the 2 main obsticles I face for being able to try again.
Oh anyway back to my appointment with the fertility clinic who were suppose to help me with these problems....... ha ha ha ha as if anything is that straight forward with the NHS,they accepted all of the above as concerns but apparently they wont help me as I am overweight and overweight people should not be able to be pregnant and have children ....He said it as rude and direct as that.
He was also sent a letter about Lillie and our additional Genetic risks so we didnt have to explain a upsetting and sensative matter. This Doctor did not bother to read this letter before hand,he skimmed over my notes and this letter in front of us....he was horrible he got the name of her syndrome wrong and why she had died ,he also told us she died last year in July ,eventhough we have just lost her in Oct 09. He asked us questions and then wouldnt allow us to reply ,he spoke over us. Then he closed his file and said he is not willing to help any further. I was fuming ,I never had the best care with Lillie from consultants and Doctors so I hate them now.
I demanded to see someone else and told him his manner was appauling,he was so rude. Anyway then the head consultant came ,I explained the way we had been treated and told him my concerns and my GPs concerns. His manner was nicer. Anyway he said the NHS wont fund overweight people for Clomid"all it is ,is 1 tablet aday that will boost my progestion" It makes me so angry when I pay a fortune in Tax and NI not to be able to get care when I need it, but all these smack heads who dont pay into the system get there methadone and all there medication.
Anyway the nurse took my weight,said oh my you never weigh that much from looking at you,then asked if that was right . I said I didnt know and she weighed me again and it was correct,she then made a big scene about how well I carry it and I do for my size. Its not as if people would look at me and think she is obese, I am realistic and do know I need to loose the weight I have gained,but I have to loose 2 stone by next month or I will be taken off their books and my gp will have to re refer once I have lost the weight.
I just dont get why I keep having all these obsticles in my life to have one healthy baby who is with me.....dont get me wrong I love my angel babys I really do.
I just feel time is against us now ,not sure if you know but Lillie died from a rare syndrome which is a recessive faulty gene that she has got from us and there is a high possibilitie this can happen again in future pregnancys .So we are classed as high risk and as the Genetics doctor told us ,we may have numerous failed pregnancy before we have a viable pregnancy or the next baby could be fine. But this can all take time and I am in my late twentys too.
I just dont think its ever gonna happen for us now!

Anyway I am gonna try and crash diet to at least try to loose 2 ston in a month. I have to try but I dont think it will happen that fast.

On a posative note me and my Other Half have talked through our issues,I think alot of it was miss communication and the fact we grieve in different ways. I just hope our relationship gets stronger,because it just seems as though its gonna be even more of a rocky journey in TTC

Oh and did I forget to mension I hate the NHS lol

Hope your all well

Hugs
Natxxxx

I'm so sorry, Nat. We're here to listen whenever you need to rant.

also, there may be some things you can get over the counter that help with progesterone levels. Some women here have been trying acupuncture and traditional chinese medicine (TCM), others recommend B-6, or soy (taken early in the cycle). I hope you find some information that is helpful.

hi, why cant you 'fund' the clomid urself...its really cheap compaired to ivf an other treatments, would the nhs perscribe it4u then?? Or mayb c if a privite fs would perscribe it u? Im not bein funny when i say fund it urself, i just mean its suppost to b quite cheap, an mayb thats an option...the nhs r a pain in the bum! Im so sorry4all you have been threw+ ur losses...wish u all the luck in the world x

hi, why cant you 'fund' the clomid urself...its really cheap compaired to ivf an other treatments, would the nhs perscribe it4u then?? Or mayb c if a privite fs would perscribe it u? Im not bein funny when i say fund it urself, i just mean its suppost to b quite cheap, an mayb thats an option...the nhs r a pain in the bum! Im so sorry4all you have been threw+ ur losses...wish u all the luck in the world x

Hello

Quite happy to fund it myself but Iam not prepared to get it privatey and not know if its legit or not......by getting it prescribed on the NHS enures it is legit!
NHS wont give it me as they dont think overweight people should be pregnant!!!!!!!!
If you know where to get ligit Clomid from I would be pleased to know

Thanks

Hi Hun.
Sorry for your loss of your LO.
I have medical knowledge so perhaps I could offer some help.

Why are you progesterone levels low? Is it day 21 levels? Are you ovulating or not?
You say you are over weight? Have you been checked for PCOS which can cause low day 21 prog levels and problems conceiving? Ultrasound scan? blood tests?

Clomid is to trigger ovulation rather just raising prog levels.

Some PCT (primary care trusts) do have limits on BMI as IVF has a much lower success rate in ladies who are over weight.
If you went privately to get clomid you would have to pay for the appointments and follow up and they may want to repeat other tests so it's not just a case of getting the prescription. It's a pricey route to take.

Could your GP help with weight loss and maybe seeing another fertility doctor??

good luck hun and take care
xxx

It depends on the area you are in as to the restrictions to clomid. i have just recently been perscribed this on the NHS (not taken first dose yet waiting for af) My BMI is 38 so i am obese. i used to be a midwife so understand the risks of being overweight to pregnancy. the risks are higher than thos with a healthy weight but many overweight women go on to have healthy pregnancys and babies.

I havent tried them myself but alot of people on this forum recomend soy (think it works sort of like clomid) so you could try that while you try and lose weight.

if your looking at losing weight quickly i lost 5 stone on the cambridge diet a coupple of years ago in 4 months. its not a diet that suits everyone but you could look into it if you want to lose weight fast.

hope this helps
good luck

xxx

this may or may not help but have you heard of the cambridge diet, its hard to stick too but if you do stick to it = big weight loss.

hi i ahve been doing acupuncture as i have had endo, high fsh, short periods and low progesterone

i got my cd21 results back today and it was 58..which shows i ov and it doubled since last month, i have also chnaged to a healthier diet and drink wheatgrass..

hello as soon as saw your post i had to reply as liek you i am in same position and only came across your post when searching on net about nhs restrictions on clomid if overweight. it seems we are in the same position except i havnt had such an unfortunate time of losing little angels like you have it must be even more frustarting for you than me. i will briefly explain my story in best way i can. myself and hubbie been ttc for over 4 years now and been in an nhs fertility clinic 2 and half years had two miscarriages very early on along the way. before being refered to the fertility myself and hubbie had numerous tests thru gp who eventually found i didnt ovulate and refered us to fertility after along wait evenually s aw the clinic back in oct 07 saw a lovely nurse who arranged more scans and check to make sure tubes not blocked and said if all that fine as long as i see a dietician (im considered severly obese!) that i could have clomid. went thru all tests and all fine so booked back to see nurse again for two months after. appt came obv very excited and boom saw another nurse who basically said your weight is stopping you ovulating you dont need us you need a dietician your body dosnt ovulate because of your weight your discharged. i just didnt know what to say as at this point i had been seeing dietician for a month a nd had already lost almost a stone and i also work for the nhs! i asked to see someone else she was having none of it left the room and said see you when you are in normal weight range. i was so devasted didnt knwo what to do in the end i went to my gp who re refered but back to consultant not nurse evntually i manged again after along wait and more weightloss to see him he was lovely but again pointed out the weight but agreed to put me on metformin as it can help if you dont ovulate or have pcos or similar like me it also helps you lose weight obv i was over moon at this and greatfuly took it he saw me few times after congratulated me on weight lose and said carry on with metformin and put me back in nurses cllinic. now we are 2 and half years on been on metformin for nearly two years of that lost 6 and half stone and still not pregnant. so we saw the clinic again on 13th jan and again i asked can we try something else at least maybe clomid and i got abig fat no as im still not in my normal weight range dosnt seem to matter we do all tehy say and ive lost so much weight when they say only 5 % needed to make you fertile agian and im way over that still a big fat no from nhs. so again im appealing and have aske d to see consultant again who we are seeing on 3rd march but am told if he says no thats it i cannot fight it again. so i just wanted to say i completely understand your fight with them too and how incredibly frustrating and devestating it is life just dosnt seem fair at all in respect of both our situations especially when you see teenagers who dont wnat kids screaming at them or holding babies liek an accessory. i know dosnt help me rambling on about my situation but just thought might help you too know i hate the nhs too! and i will def let you know if get any joy on 3rd of march and also maybe you might benifit from metformin? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I am also in the same situations as you but in reverse! i got referred to the hospital in December 2008 wen to my 1st appointment in March to be told im to skinny! They also gave me 3 months to put on the weight! To my shock when i rung up after the 3 months I had been discharged from the hospital!! My dr would then not refer me back to the hospital! Dont get me wrong I know i am skinny but i actualy eat like a horse and i am also 6 foot tall!! Nobody was interested in listening to the fact that i eat more than my husband and probaly most people out there! Everybody was more interested in sitting me down and telling me the facts of the amount of women suffering from eating disorders and that i could be reffered for help!!!!!!!!!! In the end I went to the hospital and honestly let rip!! I managed to get back on the books but by the skin of my teeth!!! I have also been "accidently" discharged twice since then! My DH has been given wrong sperm results twice!! I know the feeling of hating the NHS!!!!

What hospital are you at? - Really going to lagh if we are at the same!!! x

My BMI was capped at 35 for clomid, same for bcp. I think its to do with higher risks for the bad side effects (deep vein thrombosis/cancer) and also that it doesnt work as well, and then there's complications in pregnancy.

definately get checked for pcos and thyroid, and speak to your gp to see if they can help you lose weight, or appeal to extend the time frame.

assholes.

Am so sorry about your angels. Can your gp refer you on medical grounds for free fitness at local leisure centre e.g swimming or gym.. Not sure where does this but have heard some areas do.

I hate the nhs tooo.

Diff story I was 21 weeks preg with my son and after hard decision i had a medical termination because he had no renal function (no bladder, kidneys or tummy) , fluid in his brain, club feet and one of the bridges was not connected. He would not survive upon birth. Post mortem showed all there issues to be true but still really hard. I was in labour 23 hrs and never will forget his little hands feet and face. I the went onto have a healthy girl who is 5 yrs old. We have been ttc now for a year and i have had 2 mc.. Drs really annoy me as my medical termination is on my notes as abortion which sounds so harsh and hard and they wont do any investigation scans in to why i cant stay preg until i have 3 mc. But ive lost 3 babies in total. Just makes me so mad. Mad for diff reasons i know but still mad! Feel not got time on my side now as i will 35 yrs this year and am also insulin dep diabetic on a insulin pump. More things going against me.

I wish you all the luck in the world!

hello as soon as saw your post i had to reply as liek you i am in same position and only came across your post when searching on net about nhs restrictions on clomid if overweight. it seems we are in the same position except i havnt had such an unfortunate time of losing little angels like you have it must be even more frustarting for you than me. i will briefly explain my story in best way i can. myself and hubbie been ttc for over 4 years now and been in an nhs fertility clinic 2 and half years had two miscarriages very early on along the way. before being refered to the fertility myself and hubbie had numerous tests thru gp who eventually found i didnt ovulate and refered us to fertility after along wait evenually s aw the clinic back in oct 07 saw a lovely nurse who arranged more scans and check to make sure tubes not blocked and said if all that fine as long as i see a dietician (im considered severly obese!) that i could have clomid. went thru all tests and all fine so booked back to see nurse again for two months after. appt came obv very excited and boom saw another nurse who basically said your weight is stopping you ovulating you dont need us you need a dietician your body dosnt ovulate because of your weight your discharged. i just didnt know what to say as at this point i had been seeing dietician for a month a nd had already lost almost a stone and i also work for the nhs! i asked to see someone else she was having none of it left the room and said see you when you are in normal weight range. i was so devasted didnt knwo what to do in the end i went to my gp who re refered but back to consultant not nurse evntually i manged again after along wait and more weightloss to see him he was lovely but again pointed out the weight but agreed to put me on metformin as it can help if you dont ovulate or have pcos or similar like me it also helps you lose weight obv i was over moon at this and greatfuly took it he saw me few times after congratulated me on weight lose and said carry on with metformin and put me back in nurses cllinic. now we are 2 and half years on been on metformin for nearly two years of that lost 6 and half stone and still not pregnant. so we saw the clinic again on 13th jan and again i asked can we try something else at least maybe clomid and i got abig fat no as im still not in my normal weight range dosnt seem to matter we do all tehy say and ive lost so much weight when they say only 5 % needed to make you fertile agian and im way over that still a big fat no from nhs. so again im appealing and have aske d to see consultant again who we are seeing on 3rd march but am told if he says no thats it i cannot fight it again. so i just wanted to say i completely understand your fight with them too and how incredibly frustrating and devestating it is life just dosnt seem fair at all in respect of both our situations especially when you see teenagers who dont wnat kids screaming at them or holding babies liek an accessory. i know dosnt help me rambling on about my situation but just thought might help you too know i hate the nhs too! and i will def let you know if get any joy on 3rd of march and also maybe you might benifit from metformin? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Hun

So sorry for al the problems you have had and thank you for the post.

Well done on your huge loss hun,I really admire you hun thats fab. Still cant believe they wont help,actually I can its the NHS all over!!! makes me so angry. Did Metaformin help you loose weight? on monday was told I have PCOS as well as low progestion :(
Thinking I will call my Doc and ask for it. The doc prescribed me a weight loss drug which iam yet to take and I am also doing the atkins diet,lost 18lb so far but its slowing now arhhhhhhhhso frustrated. The bloody consultant now wants me to loose another 6 kg before he ll give me Chlomid omg I hate him.
I hope it all goes well on the 3rd March,let me know how you get on hun. Which NHS trust do you come under as apparently there rules are all different. Have they checked you by scan for PCOS hun?

Hugs
Nat xx

Hi all,

I am also in the same situations as you but in reverse! i got referred to the hospital in December 2008 wen to my 1st appointment in March to be told im to skinny! They also gave me 3 months to put on the weight! To my shock when i rung up after the 3 months I had been discharged from the hospital!! My dr would then not refer me back to the hospital! Dont get me wrong I know i am skinny but i actualy eat like a horse and i am also 6 foot tall!! Nobody was interested in listening to the fact that i eat more than my husband and probaly most people out there! Everybody was more interested in sitting me down and telling me the facts of the amount of women suffering from eating disorders and that i could be reffered for help!!!!!!!!!! In the end I went to the hospital and honestly let rip!! I managed to get back on the books but by the skin of my teeth!!! I have also been "accidently" discharged twice since then! My DH has been given wrong sperm results twice!! I know the feeling of hating the NHS!!!!

What hospital are you at? - Really going to lagh if we are at the same!!! x

Thats terrible hun, I am at Chorley Hospital they are terrible
Whats your next step then hun?
hugs
Natx

My BMI was capped at 35 for clomid, same for bcp. I think its to do with higher risks for the bad side effects (deep vein thrombosis/cancer) and also that it doesnt work as well, and then there's complications in pregnancy.

definately get checked for pcos and thyroid, and speak to your gp to see if they can help you lose weight, or appeal to extend the time frame.

assholes.

Hi Hun

Thanks for the post,I found out on Monday I have PCOS so gutted as its gonna make everything o much harder xx

Am so sorry about your angels. Can your gp refer you on medical grounds for free fitness at local leisure centre e.g swimming or gym.. Not sure where does this but have heard some areas do.

I hate the nhs tooo.

Diff story I was 21 weeks preg with my son and after hard decision i had a medical termination because he had no renal function (no bladder, kidneys or tummy) , fluid in his brain, club feet and one of the bridges was not connected. He would not survive upon birth. Post mortem showed all there issues to be true but still really hard. I was in labour 23 hrs and never will forget his little hands feet and face. I the went onto have a healthy girl who is 5 yrs old. We have been ttc now for a year and i have had 2 mc.. Drs really annoy me as my medical termination is on my notes as abortion which sounds so harsh and hard and they wont do any investigation scans in to why i cant stay preg until i have 3 mc. But ive lost 3 babies in total. Just makes me so mad. Mad for diff reasons i know but still mad! Feel not got time on my side now as i will 35 yrs this year and am also insulin dep diabetic on a insulin pump. More things going against me.

I wish you all the luck in the world!

Ohhh Hun

Thats so harsh hun , I can undestand your anger I would be going mental. Cant believe they dont scan after loosing one baby,thats the NHS for you.
So sorry to hear about your baby angels hun
Whats gonna be your next step?
hugs
Nat xx

If your passing on a genetic problem it isnt clomid you need, its a genetics counseller and finding out what genetic problem it is. I carry a chromosome problem causes multiple m/cs and i need a form of IVF in order to have a healthy baby.

If your passing on a genetic problem it isnt clomid you need, its a genetics counseller and finding out what genetic problem it is. I carry a chromosome problem causes multiple m/cs and i need a form of IVF in order to have a healthy baby.

Hi Hun

Dont need Chlomid because I have a genetic issue.
I need it because I have low progestion and now pcos and my body isnt ovulating.

I have a genetic councellor and unfortunatly cant have that form of IVF that your refering to pre guided assistance I geuss your refering to,where they check the sperm and eggs for the nasty gene/chromesome before putting it into you. Scientist are yet to find where the nasty gene is for the syndrome"cerebro osseous digital sndrome" so cant test for it. Once I do get pregnant I will have to carry until week 22 before I would know if my next baby has the syndrome. So as you can see getting chlomid is just a little hurdle compared to everything else.

Good luck with the IVF

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->