I hate to write this... but need to vent/get it out

reeve

Reaction score
This is my third pregnancy for baby number 4.... my twins are 13 and my little will soon be 6.

A couple years ago we lost an accidental pregnancy early on and for years we’ve been back n fourth about having another.

We’ve finally made the decision- and here I/we are.. I’m 8 weeks now and I’m struggling BIG time! I’m sick all day, even wakes me up at night. I’m so wiped out. I’m very fortunate that I don’t need to work, but this whole week iv either been in the toilet or on the bed feeling sick.

The housework is slipping.. and I like a tidy/clean house!

I’m having regrets.. I don’t if it’s because I’m older now or what.. but I just don’t know how I am going to get through this!

I’m sad about it

:hugs:

I think this is totally normal. It’s hard when you’re so sick that you can hardly function and keep up with your normal routine. I have good days and bad - this is our first and we came from LTTTC, and still you wonder “what did I get myself into?!” :haha: but I have faith that as time goes on and when you start feeling better, it’ll feel right and you’ll be doing great.

From what I hear, a lot of women start to feel better in 2nd tri. Just a few more weeks and hopefully this will let up! Hang in there :flower:

:hugs:

I think this is totally normal. It’s hard when you’re so sick that you can hardly function and keep up with your normal routine. I have good days and bad - this is our first and we came from LTTTC, and still you wonder “what did I get myself into?!” :haha: but I have faith that as time goes on and when you start feeling better, it’ll feel right and you’ll be doing great.

From what I hear, a lot of women start to feel better in 2nd tri. Just a few more weeks and hopefully this will let up! Hang in there :flower:

Thanks for replying- I feel so awful saying I have regrets, it’s just hard to see the light at the other end!

I do remember I was about 16 weeks before I started to feel normal in my last preg.... the thought of possibly 7 it so weeks more of this is terrifying me

I'm right there with you. This baby was very wanted, but in the thick of the sickness and exhaustion, I just keep thinking "what have I done?!" I'm happy to be having another baby, but this phase is god-awful. Feeling some regret is very normal right now. You'll feel better for awhile in 2nd tri and then by the time you're uncomfortable again, you'll just be anxiously looking forward to baby's arrival.

Totally normal to feel this way! Pregnancy gets so romanticized into this magical, glowy bliss that overlooks a lot of the unpleasant physical effects. Try not think about "7 more weeks" because that can feel overwhelming. Just focus on getting through one day at a time, and accept as.much help as.you can get from your partner, neighbors, etc.

You'll get through this part, but don't beat yourself up for not enjoying it!

This is so normal, but we forget that because we women are so hard on ourselves. I’m 12 weeks and feeling icky and low energy, my house is a disaster, my kid is stuck inside most days because I’m not feeling up to going out...the mom guilt is seriously bad. But I keep telling myself that this is OKAY and normal and it only lasts for a short time. You got this! Lower the bar a little, this will pass soon.

I could have written your post myself reeve . We have been backwards and forwards with the idea of another since our triplets were born in 2012 . But I’m feeling exactly the same as you and end up crying half the time . This week doctor has finally put me on some anti sickness medicine so hopefully it helps ( haven’t actually been sick but have been much like you )
Hope this stage passes soon for you xxx

I'm in the same boat but I don't have regrets. It's only temporary. You'll feel fine soon. The Early stage goes by fast and you'll forget it just as fast.

Thanks ladies for all of your encouragement ladies.. test was so bad, sick every half hour all day.. nothing stayed down, was worried I needed to go hospital but today I’m not so bad. Woke up at 3am feeling sick but so far iv not been. Iv managed to eat and drink too today- I’m glad of the rest bits today xx

Hi sweetie, my last couple of pregnancies were like that....but the closer I got to the 2nd trimester the more energy I had and I got as much done as I could when I felt up to it. With your twins being so much older they can certainly help a TON with all the house work and even light cooking. Don't feel any guilt asking for them to pitch in. You wiped their behinds for how long? They can pick up the slack for a bit....when you feel up to it get some freezer cooking done and fill the pantry with some easy stuff. Even switch to paperplates for this short season. It will NOT hurt anything for a short season....same with after baby comes.....packaged foods and paper goods until mom is back on her feet!

Congrats! DOn't guilt yourself over how your body is growing this wee one....adapt! many prayers for you sweetie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->