I have a cold :-(

girl friday

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
After walking my dog in the park this morning I started sneezing - I ignored it and put it down to a final bout of hayfever. It hasn't gone away though! I'm now feeling crap - I'm cold, I've got a runny nose, I'm sneezing etc. All the symptoms that would normally have me reaching for the lemsip!

I know that all the usual cold remedies are out of bounds when pregnant, so what can I take?

Thank you in advance!

Paracematol is fine. You can also use a nasal inhalor (the stick, not spray) and putting vicks rub in hot water and inhaling is good. If you have a cough you can have glycerin tablets (they taste awful though, like wax!) and there is a glycerin cough medicine.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you! Think I'll dig the vicks out of the cupboard in a minute! Daft question, but is olbus oil on pillows, tissues etc ok?

im with you there Girl Friday... i woke this morning with a horrible cold..
runny AND blocked nose... i know that doesnt make sense.... but thats what it is... and sneezing as well... oh and just to top it off... a blimin sore throat too!!!

:( feel so crap..

Ive been drinking plently of warm drinks and water. Will have to have paracetamol in a bit cos my head is pounding.

:(

feel for you.. hope you get well soon.

xxx

sorry to be such a pest but i also have a cold with a runny stuffy nose and sneezing constantly and a minor cough. I live in the states what can i take? im unsure of what paracetamol is

Tink, I believe its branded as tylenol over there but please check first

O ok. thats what they always tell us to take over here. my doctor says thats really the only thing safe to take during pregnancy is Tylenol. How can i help a cough though. Drink hot fluids ??

We have glycerin over here, if you cant get that warm water with sugar and lemon will help

oo thanks so much. :) your a life saver. i thought there was absolutly nothing i could do about the minor cough :( lol

I had an early night last night and slept in this morning. I'm still full of cold today though. I finally took some paracetamol today (and even then I double checked with sil to make sure I wasn't taking too much!)

It's sod's law! 7 1/2 weeks off work and I've been fine even though DH has had 2 colds! I go back to work on Tuesday, started with a cold yesterday and I'll be suffering for the first few days!

Hope you all start to feel better soon!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back