I have a long baby

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Cookie1979, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Cookie1979

Cookie1979 Well-Known Member

I knew my baby was bigger than alot his age when I went to my postnatal group and found he was the same size as the babies that are 3 or 4 weeks older than him. Today we went for our 6 week check ups (slightly late because he is 9 weeks on Thursday) and turns out for his height he is in the 98th percentile for his age. I wasn't overly surprised but the doctor was!!!

So looks like my boy is a tall one! Perhaps he gets it from his Uncle or Great Grandad, my husbands brother is 6 ft 5 and their Grandad was 6 ft 7.

He is 63 cms I think. For his weight he is in the 75th percentile, which isn't surprising due to his height. He looks so much older than the other babies that are the same height and has done for ages, he didnt look like a newborn for long at all.

Bless him he's sturdy!! Who he is 13 lbs 7, and was 7 lbs 9 at birth, so wasn't exactly big.

2. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Bless him!

3. Squiggle08

Squiggle08 Well-Known Member

Aw, same here, my little boy is the same length as his cousin who is 3 months older! None of us are tall but my older boy is very tall too!

I have to buy clothes a size bigger for my little one!

4. jstarr

jstarr Well-Known Member

aw! me too LO has trouble with things being short for him, but his dad is 6ft3 so he definately takes after him x

5. 2805

2805 Well-Known Member

same here! My lo was measured at 65cm! his daddy is 6ft 4 so defo taken after him

here's a pic when he was 12 weeks old

https://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/2805/DSCF1728.jpg

6. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

aw!! alfies quite tall everythings so short for him hes in 3-6 now.
    like your lo hes never looked like a newborn and now he looks about 4-5 months old hes a big boy 12lb 5oz

<3

7. pandacub

pandacub Proud mummy to Jacob

aw youre gonna have a tall boy :)

I had my 6 week checkup today, and my health visitor has written his length in at 56cm's, yet he's nearly too long for sleepsuits that go up to 62 cms?!!

8. clarsair

clarsair Well-Known Member

Same here. My LO is also 75th centile for weight but above the chart for length. And she wears cloth nappies so I'm increasing having to put her in 6-9 month stuff even though she's not quite 5 months yet!

9. xnmd1

xnmd1 mommmy of 1

jarrett certainly isn't chubby in any way, i think he's only in like the 10th percentile for weight , but his legs are sooo long. his feet reach the end of 3-6 month clothing, but they're all way too long in the body because it's just his legs! he's got big feet too!
    OH is only 5'10 and i'm 5'1
    but OHs uncle is 7'2! and his 15 year old brother is 6'3!

10. Red Rose

Red Rose Well-Known Member

Aww bless him! x

11. Cookie1979

Cookie1979 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies ladies.

I feel quite proud of his height, because he's a sturdy boy he's very strong and has great neck control...the only downside is he is growing out of clothes fast, his legs are really long.

12. a_c

a_c mummy to one

My girl is 98th percentile on height too, she's only 11 weeks but virtually grown out if sine 3-6 baby grows - ridiculous!!

13. iHeartbaby#1

iHeartbaby#1 Well-Known Member

My boy's in the 93rd percentile. He can't wear overalls, which is a shame...their soo cute! He was the same height as me when i was born and i'm pretty average height now... so i'm not really sure baby height says how tall your going to be when you grow up. Neither me or OH are tall.

14. roc

roc mummy to Dylan!

Aww..all these tall babies..My LO, was believe it or not 62cms at birth!! (he was 11lbs) He too is super strong, could hold up his head at birth, and take his weight on his legs-crazy! He has just gone 6 months last week, and he wears 12mth clothes! He's not fat though, skinnier than most babies really, just soooo long! lol!

Oh-also, he looks alot older than he is too, take a look at my avatar picon the left there,it was taken at 3 1/2 months !