I have a story I wanna share :-)

ProudMum

Reaction score
Ok, so this is like totally random but I was actually telling someone else about it yesterday and as I was telling the story I realized just how incredible it actually is... well I think so anyway.

almost 4 years ago when I started TTC my son I always said to my OH that I would abslutely LOVE a little girl who would to be born in the month of July so I could call her Ruby (since her birthstone would also be ruby)- [Born July, Ruby birthstone, Ruby as her name]
Anyway, I conceived my son on 31st Dec 2006 and he was born in September so my wish for a little Ruby was not meant to be at that time!!!
A year after my son was born I tried so hard to convince OH to have another baby but we were having some many problems that he just wouldnt have any of it- Oct 2008 came around quickly and I missed my opportunity to conceive- I remember telling my OH "This month would have been the month we conceived our Ruby baby- A year seems so far away now":cry: and frankly I was gutted by it knowing that I would have to wait another year to conceive the child I wished for since I started TTC.
I got to a point where I thought "sod it" and was just TTC every month- it didn't matter how much :sex: we had it just didnt seem to be happening for us at all and this was going on for a whole year...I was ovulating on time, I timed it right... NOTHING :cry:
In the month of Oct this year I prayed to god every single night and although I was not a believer I continued to do so...
OH and I :sex: ONCE.. that was it, so I sorta guessed I was out the running.
The beginning of oct I reminded him "This is the month we would conceive Ruby"- he said "Well we better get $haggin like rabbits then" LOL.. Unfortunately we fell out for 3 weeks :(:( :( and all thru the month I was thinking about my little Gem and how I really didnt want to wait yet another year.
I managed to convince OH to go out for a drink, I bagged him a few beers and we had a right laugh... we :sex: once that night and for weeks after I just prayed and prayed to god..
I finally got my wish in Nov when I saw my :BFP: flashing before my eyes...
Ruby is to be born in July :) and I couldnt quite believe it!!!!
I know god blessed me with this little one and every night I pray he keeps her safe; I just know that this little bean will grow into a little girl, why wouldn't she? I mean after all God gave me the wish I had been praying for so I know in my heart I will have a beautiful baby girl and that deep down I feel he will keep her safe all thru my pregnancy... Thats what keeps me going, "He blessed me with this baby and I know he'll let me keep her".

Yesterday I decided I may now not call her Ruby lol and that I'm to give her a biblical name!! This little one will always be my little Ruby but I think I pretty much owe it to him "upstairs" for blessing me with her in the first place.
The message behind this story is, although you may not believe, every once in a while try talking to that "someone" high in the sky because you never know what he may bless you with.
This is coming from someone who gave up on praying and "faith" along time ago but now I think I can say that I'm starting to believe again. :)

sorry for the long winded thread lol

https://images.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=https://www.eshock.it/blog/img/ruby.gif&usg=AFQjCNGB17gcJVMsiZEuuCYXLuhzdPilGA

What a beautiful story, good luck to you, I do hope you get the girl you have been wishing for. xx

awww thats a beautiful story hun!!
congratulations you deserve this!!! and i LOVE that name Faith, if we have a girl we are calling her Grace. we had been trying for 15 months after our MMC last year in july and we were having a chat about continueing TTC.....and we thought we would put it off after last month (november) until we get married in january 2011.....and the month that i was ok with not trying for the next 14 months, we got our BFP!!
miracles DO happen...

Ah bless ya! Nice story! Good luck in getting the little girl you dream of! Xxx

oooowww thats a lovely story,and the fact u would give up a much loved name for your faith is amazing.Strange how things turn out isnt it?
I have a similar sorta story..E.g a sign.
3 yrs ago my ex husband just walked out,leaving me with 5 children,1 being a few months old.I wa devestated.He cleared my account the lot.The 2 yrs following were awful i was in such a dark place.I was drinkng and i was self destructing rapidly.Thought my days were over,i really did.Almost a yr ago now i befreinded a man,who amazingly over months turned my life around,gave me hope.I got back into art,and sept this yr i had another knock back where my place at art course was just to long,5 days a week from 9 till 4.30pm.I couldnt leave my children for that long.I joked about it just not being meant to be,and that i was meant to be a full time mum and raise children(well according to every body elses views i was told i was wasting my life having children wasting my talent).Anyway he has no kids and was married before,they both tried for yrs to have a baby,to no avail.He gave up hope of having a child of his own as i did my art career.Any way miracously i got pregnant with this one,wasnt even tryn,maybe had 1 or 2 accidents.I think this baby is a sign to and from some where far away is telling me how lucky i actually am,and that its one of the greatest gifts in the world,also a hard job to do.So i kinda feel blessed to with this one,i know my bf does.
They are our lill miracles and i guess a part of me does believe we get them for reasons.
xxxx

Fingers crossed you do have a little girl x

love your story - made me cry! pregnancy hormones eh. Thank you for sharing, put a smile on my face!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->