• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I have an interesting story! ;)

jac4315

Married since 4/3/15
Reaction score
Good morning all! :) Thought you all might like my story for the week! ;) I had my first nurse visit yesterday, all was going well. She did a test and confirmed I was positive! Went through all the info and she sent me to the lab for blood tests (6 tubes!).

The nurse asked if I ever had problems giving blood, and I said no, because I never had. After about 2-3 tubes, I started getting very dizzy, then I passed out! (I've never passed out!) All I remember was waking up feeling like I couldn't breathe and screaming asking where I was :dohh: Freaked my husband out, but they were able to get the last tube and all was ok. :thumbup:

We laughed later and said it makes a great story for later on! :haha:

I've done that. I have very low blood pressure. They have to take it manually and even then it's difficult. Just chalk it up to. Should have had some juice first. Don't worry they will take more precautions next time. They never forget a fainter...

I've done that. I have very low blood pressure. They have to take it manually and even then it's difficult. Just chalk it up to. Should have had some juice first. Don't worry they will take more precautions next time. They never forget a fainter...

My blood pressure it normal, but will admit it had been a busy day and I only had a glass of milk and two bottles of water. They kept telling me it'll be better next time! I guess I didn't think about it much, like I knew they would draw blood but the most I've ever had is like 2-3 tubes, not 6. lol

Hehe i had something very similar happen i'm crazy scared of needles but after 2 babies and being rhesus negative I've had enough of them to work on my anxiety. The first time I turned up to the midwife with my ds, I was so unprepared for my bloods to be taken. It was also my first time giving blood ever and the first time I'd seen a needle since my tb jab in secondary school where I was pinned to the floor by two nurses and a friend lol. Well I sucked it up, put on a front like I knew it was coming and ended up fainting on the chair complete with body spasms. Lucky my mw knew i had just fainted and wasn't fitting because it completely freaked my husband out and he thought I was going to die before I'd even got to child birth lol I shouldn't laugh it must have been scary for him and ever since I lay down and make good conversation with those around me.

Same thing happened to be when they drew six tubes of blood. After the 3rd I just felt dizzy and when I went to leave the nurse must have seen my face because she had me sit down and I passed out XD I did the freak out though I have passed out before and new exactly what was going on. They were very surprised at how calm I was XD

Oh dear! Never happened to me although I am prone to fainting as I have low blood pressure.
Glad you're ok! :)

I once passed out in mother care in my previous pregnancy. Starting having fit like convulsions (normal for some people whilst fainting apparently!) So they called an ambulance and I got taken to hospital.
Most mortifying day of my life!

I just remember walking along next to my OH and going I'm hot take my cost, my bag as well, let me take your arm! Then I rested my head on his shoulders because I felt tired and the next thing I know I was having the most wonderful nap!

The same thing happened to me with my last pregnancy. I'd been pregnant 4 times before that and had given enough blood to make the Red Cross jealous, what with betas, the 5-6 tubes taken with each pregnancy, blood draws during delivery and post partum iron checks. Well this was the first time I passed out. I don't know why. I don't think the nurse had the needle in my vein good enough because she was having a hard time drawing it out (she was new) so she kept wiggling it! I would have much preferred her to take it back out and then put it back in correctly than to wiggle it! I suddenly became very light headed, nauseated and the room started spinning. I was only on my third vial. When I woke up, the nurse was patting me down with a wet rag and kept asking if I was ok. Luckily my DH wasn't there or he would have been pretty upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"