I have bred a piglet/.....

bexxie

Reaction score
Jesus

This baby eats or shoudl that be drinks.

She is now on 4oz's of Sma every 2 hours and screams for more,I had to take her off the breast as it was 45 mins every hour and leaving me 15 mins an hour to get on with things. So now I am expressing and freezing to keep my milk supply up,in case things change/keeping options open.

Think I may have to up to 5oz's but bless her she isn't two weeks yet.

Chloe was a gannet but not this bad.....bless her

any advice?

Bex

Can't be much help as i bf other 2. If its any consolation Alisha used to feed all day every day, and i had to give her a 4oz bottle at 11pm just so that i could go to bed!

I don't know much about formula milk but i do know there is a difference in them 'cos when i was giving Alisha a bottle i asked hv if there was any better than others. She did say tgat one type is more likely to give them wind, i wonder if any are more filling than others? Maybe hv could help or if anyof the other girls on here have any idea.

callum was (and still is!!!) a lil piggy 2 lol, i had to put him on sma white and tht still didnt really satisfy him!! hes still up thro the nyt wantin a feed!!!

hmmm...overall not a v helpfull post.. sorry*blush*

Maddie was a gannet ....

she was on 5oz bottles every 3hrs at the age of 2mths lol!

xxx

Try SMA white hun, for hungry babies, every here and there early on they can get growth spurts and drink loads!!! Noah had bottles every 2 hours uring the day and every 3 hours at night, was eventually weaned at 4 months, at which stage he was having 8 9oz bottles a day!

Hi thanks girls
It is now 5oz's and every three/four hours she slept from 11pm til 4am last night then woke at 7am for a bottle so I am pleased with that,aww bless I had forgotten all this.

Ia m now letting my milk dry up and ouccchhheeee bloody hurts,jesus be glad when this stops hurting.

Thanks again for advice

Bex.x

lucky you, Kyleigh went down last night at 11.40 and woke up at 1.40 am ,and iwent back to bed at 7.15 this morning feeding just about every 20-30 mins), she then slept until 10 and has been feeding all day. hope its just a growth spurt,as she had settled these past few days to 2 hour feeds during day and 2-3 hour feeds at night, apart from the 5 am pooh that goes everywhere!

Aww caroline

I have stopped BF now tho so maybe that is why she is sleeping longer?

She is settled into midnight last bottle of 4-5oz's then 4am then 7.30-8am

I should be putting her to bed really now but I am deaf as a post so prefer to put her in moses when I am in bed myself as I am right next to her,Dave does the 7pm til 1am with her apart from weekends as he is at work and I go to bed but from next week I am getting monitors out and putting her down awake at 8pm,so fingers-crossed will all go tits up I am sure,lol but we shall see.

Cat I wont put her on white SMA as the content of whey and caustons are different,with Gold it is 60% Caustons and 40% whey (fats) and with White it is 40% Caustons and 60% Whey so could at this young age make her very constipated.

Am giving til she is 6 weeks then will wack her on the White and will try a bit of baby rice once she hits 13lb's or 9 weeks which ever comes first,but at moment she is weighing in at nealy 10lb's so dont know how long that will be?

Thanks for help girls.

Bex.x

I had to give alisha a bottle at night when she as about 4 weeks old 'cos she got to point where she was feeding 24/7. If she had bottle at 11pm would sleep for 6 hours then feed all day. I'm hoping it is just a growth spurt with Kayleigh ut if it becomes a regular occurence i'll do the same. I put her down about 1/2 hour ago and she quiet at the mo. Give it another 10 mins then i'm off to bed and hopefully she'll stay asleep for a couple of hours. Next feed will poss be 1 1/2 hours then 2 -3 hour sleep then quick 20 min snack, theh another 2-3 hour feed, if previous nights are anything to goby, just keep fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->