I have no idea where to put this question on this forum

Jamie0987

Reaction score
Alright, I am officially highly confused! I was doing some research on pregnancy, positive pregnancy tests, and I get to this page that's talking about implantation and it was basically saying that women get positive pregnancy results before the actual implantation of the egg. How is that possible? How does this whole baby making process work (not the stuff leading up to a fertilized egg, mostly just implantation). I thought the egg would have to be already implanted before positive results could be found? I've also read a lot of other people's posts on this forum and they talk about implantation bleeding and when they can test. You'd think I'd know this by now but in my last two pregnancies, once the tests came back positive, I usually didn't really think about implantation. I just assumed it was just a done deal (hahaha, that didn't keep me from testing until well into my fifth month with my first!). Can anyone please explain this to me in the simplest terms? I'm sorry if this post makes me sound silly, but honestly I've never really thought about it.

You can't get a positive hpt before implantation. HOWEVER, you can get implantation bleeding after a bfp, because it's often old blood that's taken a few days working it's way out. I've had IB with both pregnancies, and both times after my bfp.

Yes- what she said. Theres no way for a woman to know whether shes implanted or not so what you read was probably a woman who tested before the "average" implantation days (6-12dpo). However. .. my last pregnancy I KNEW and was already having chemical changes at 5dpo.. felt major xramps at 7dpo which I now assume was implantation and got my bfp at 9dpo. I knew knew knew so early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->