I have no midwife or care :(

MileyMamma

Reaction score
I'm so confused! I'm coming up for 10 weeks pregnant and I have not heard from a midwife of anybody, no booming appointment, no scan or anything, I'm considered high risk I have bipolar and a heart condition and it seems no one even knows I'm pregnant, I have been to the dr and had a dating scan at 8 weeks but have not heard anything since, it was the same for my last 2 pregnancys and I had to do all the chasing but this time it's really getting me down and I'm rather angry :( I feel totally lost in the system ;( has anyone else had this experience? I'm in East Sussex x TIA

Im in belfast and been to the doctor and been referred to hospital, dont think ill hear anything until it close to 12 weeks and ill get letter to go get scanned!( literally been to doctor, she filled out a bitta paper, took blood pressure and told me to avoid blue cheese ! lol )

I think we are all just left to deal with it until they need to fill in stats to cover themselves or we feel we need to see them!

Give them a call or go back to your doctor and find out what happens next, ask why you have been left to it?

Hey

Sorry your feeling so down at the moment I am a few counties over in Surrey I had to make my own booking in appointment at 8 weeks once I had done that the midwife took over and arranged my scan with the hospital and she always books in my next appointment for me so at 10 weeks I had to go back for the downs syndrome blood test and she booked my 16 week appointment for me then.

Does it work the same way in East Sussex by any chance xx

Thankyou for your replies, I made a phone call to my midwife at 8 weeks and all she said was I'm going on holiday leg me know when you have a due date! She is so irritating she doesn't seem to care at all, will phone again today and try to get it sorted, if I leave it to them I doubt I will get one at all, with my first they left me until I was 22 weeks before I saw a midwife! Xxx

:hugs: I have mental health issues and a heart condition too and at the booking appointment I was reassured that I would be kept a closer eye on and referred to a cardiologist...3 weeks on and I tell them I've been suffering with the depression and having palpitations, and still heard bugger-all back. I'm having to chase them about it. I know how frustrating it is, but stay strong, you've done this before!

It's ridiculous how rubbish they are! I haven't even had a booking appointment, I'm on half medication for my bipolar too, hate being lost in the system, I hope they sort things out for you too, no one should have to chase up the professionals, that's there job! X

I am going on 10 weeks and my age (38) makes me high risk for that fact, I also had an very early mc 3 years ago.

I have had zero scans and have not heard the heart beat yet.

I have a second appointment coming up on Thursday so I hope to get some reassurance at this time.

Oh no I hope you get something soon, I finally got a call from the midwife today, I can't stand the women but she's finally booked me in this eve for pembury hospital but scan could take up to 3 weeks, I explained that she should of sorted this 4 weeks ago when I contacted her, her response was sorry I was on holiday in Greece! Twat!

Hiya, im in East Sussex to :) my 1st son was born at pembury hospital, but it was before they refurbished it! My second at Eastbourne and this baby will be at Haywards Heath lol. Ive not ever had bad care in any of my pregnancies, sounds like your midwives are the problem :( glad you got something sorted not though :thumbup: xx

Oh gosh, that's awful! I've been to three separate hospital appointments already, being diabetic, I seem to live in hospital now I'm pregnant! I don't know if here in Wales, they're more on the ball. I'd be going to your doctors and checking they sent the forms through to your midwife and all your contact details are correct. Good luck, I'm sure you'll hear something tomorrow now you've had a rant (always happens to me) xx

Hiya, im in East Sussex to :) my 1st son was born at pembury hospital, but it was before they refurbished it! My second at Eastbourne and this baby will be at Haywards Heath lol. Ive not ever had bad care in any of my pregnancies, sounds like your midwives are the problem :( glad you got something sorted not though :thumbup: xx

I know it's the midwife she's bloody useless! Can I request to change? I love pembury, I had an awful experience with my first in Hastings hospital and vowed never to go there again, now Eastbourne is directing strait to Hastings my only option is pembury, the care at pembury is amazing and the midwives and nurses are all lovely, it's a shame that my midwife lets the team down :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->