I have to eat it ALL!

twinkie2

Mom of 2 Girls
Reaction score
I can't stop eating! Seriously hungry non stop, I feel like I've really swelled up in the past 2 weeks :( good or bad food choices, I just feel so dang hungry and I'm so scared I'm going to gain 60lbs (or more!) like with my last pregnancy. Any advice to keep hunger at bay. I try to eat small protein filled snacks, but I seriously just can't say no to anything:wacko: I'm only half way and I'm up 17lbs I think and the big weight gain is really just starting for baby!

I was super hungry weeks 19-21, but have found my appetite has gone back to normal now. I wonder if it increases when baby has a growth spurt?

I eat pretty healthy most of the time, but I find the best thing is to have lots of healthy options on hand. That way you are eating things that are good for you and baby.

I was super hungry weeks 19-21, but have found my appetite has gone back to normal now. I wonder if it increases when baby has a growth spurt?

I eat pretty healthy most of the time, but I find the best thing is to have lots of healthy options on hand. That way you are eating things that are good for you and baby.

I try to eat healthy, but I'm a total sucker for goodies of all sorts, especially right now. I seriously have no willpower to say no to anything. I so hope mine is similar and my appetite gets back under control soon! So frustrating! (Halloween definitely didn't help matters)

Oh my gosh karoolia! I just realized you are in Iowa too! If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts are you located!?

I had some super hungry weeks, but this week started becoming normal again. Maybe you are just going through a growth spurt?
When I was/am hungry my go too was slice of cheese, full apple and some almonds. Totally satisfied me for hours and not horribly unhealthy. Now that there is left over Halloween candy I have no idea what I will do. Haha. Side note, I am eating like full snacks between lunch and dinner and around 9pm at night still.

twinkie I have been bad about sweets lately too. I just try not to have them around. I have never denied myself the odd treat or desert so it has never been a problem, but ya last week if there has been a bag of cookies in the house they all would have been gone haha.

And, yes, I am in Iowa! Not from here originally, but in Waterloo (North East).

I felt like that last night! I told DH that I feel like I could have eaten all the food in the house and still gone back for more. It was crazy. I just could not feel FULL! I had to stop and just sit back. I have my 3 hour GD test tomorrow too so I have been trying to lay off the sweets and very starchy foods... totally threw that away at dinner!

I get a huge appetite too but I find I actually can't fit much in before I get very full now and have to stop - I guess there isn't much room in there anymore? So I'm doing the big snack thing in between smaller meals. Banana + almond or whole milk smoothies (with coconut butter or peanut butter thrown in for extra nourishment), cheese on oat crackers with relish, canned salmon and avocado on crackers. I would smash cake, crisps and cookies if I had them in the house so I'm trying to just fill the fridge with the nutrient dense stuff (especially since I'm trying to make up for first tri, I didn't eat one healthy thing - I just couldn't stomach it). It was honestly pizza, pies, crisps, fish n chips - thai takeaway was as healthy as I got!

You are all making me feel so much better! Today has been the best out of the last week or so, still eating a lot, but doesn't seem as bad. Hubs came home last night with chinese take-out, cheese curds and ice cream cake! haha, he normally is really really healthy but it was my birthday and he said he felt like I deserved it because I've been "starving" all week!

karoolia! I'm in NE Iowa (Waukon-super small town way up NE). I actually lived in Waterloo for 5 years, I have 2 sisters that live there now too! Neat!

Don't worry too much, it'll be a phase/growth spurt. I accept that there are days when I can totally eat well, sensibly and healthily, and some days (or weeks!) where that's suddenly really hard to do - just try your absolute best (mostly for your own sake so you're not mad at yourself afterwards!) to keep it more or less under control while still pretty much having what you need/want! I remember reading a thing once saying that carrying on eating unhealthy treats just because you've started so you "might as well" is like getting out of your car when you've got a flat tyre and shooting out the other three tyres with a gun haha :haha: so now whenever I've had a little binge-type moment I say to myself "don't shoot out the other tyres"!
But this kind of hungry defo happens sometimes in pregnancy (breastfeeding too in my experience) and you just have to ride it out until your appetite goes back to normal :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->