i have to have a tooth out *sobs*

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by SoonToBeMum, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SoonToBeMum

SoonToBeMum Well-Known Member

im going to be honest, i havent been to the dentist since 2005, BUT i have never had any dental problems, until now, the past few days iv had real bad tooth ache, been taking paracetamol for it, which has helped but then i woke up this morning and the whole right side of my mouth was in agony, i couldnt bite down. So i managed to get an emergency appt, i had to go on my own and i was absolutely bricking it, i cried whilst in the chair and then nearly puked on the dentist, but eventually she managed to keep my mouth open long enough to realise that i have an infection in the root of my tooth and now iv got amoxycillin until next wednesday, then i have to have it out :cry:
    The dentist did say that she doesnt think its a coincidence that this has happened and im pregnant, because i NEVER have milk, hardly ever have cheese, stopped drinking orange juice because of constipation etc.. she thinks that baby is taking all my calcium and it has had an effect, she has advised me to drink a pint of milk a day.

so ladies, make sure your getting enough calcium!!!

2. yasmin13

yasmin13 Well-Known Member

Oh no! I also dont drink milk and dont like cheese, not big on OJ. I am trying to have lots of yoghurt because my gums have been swelling up around one tooth since pregnancy.

3. tabitha561

tabitha561 Gary,CAYLEE,Zoey,Beetle

I would not worry about it to much. I had to have 4 teeth pulled on friday and I feel so much better after they did it.:hug: :hug: tooth pain is no fun

4. beachesgal

beachesgal Well-Known Member

Hugs! I've been there!!! You will be okay I promise!

5. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

i was there yesterday! had my molar removed, like you cause it was infected right into the roots.. =[ was very sore yest but its subsiding now.... it'll be ok!

6. SoonToBeMum

SoonToBeMum Well-Known Member

im still not looking forward to it lol,
    painkillers are helping ALOT!

7. missjaime

missjaime Well-Known Member

ya poor thing i have one of my back teeth coming through and its sooooooo painful its like im teething lol it comes down then its like it goes back up hurts like a bitch hope you feel better

8. Mummytofour

Mummytofour Mumtofive! BFing WTT!

I've had a space where my crown fell out 4 months ago and my dentist can't replace it as he can't do xrays until after I've given birth! :wacko:

I seem to have problems every time I am pregnant and he is SO unsympathetic! He says that its nothing to do with pregnancy, the problems were already there, its just a change in hormones that has made them come to your notice!!!:growlmad:

I hope yours is more understanding!:hugs:

9. CLH_X3

CLH_X3 Love my two babies!

I had a tooth out a couple days ago, it was actually better then i thought as in pain wise, didnt feel much and dentist was fab

I also HATE dentist, and I mean rli hate, I was so nervous, I had to have this out before i got preg though so I know its not preg related!