i havent even had a booking appointment, am I alone???

ProudMum

Reaction score
So it seems that because I live " out of area" of my registered dr's, I can't have a midwife from there!!! (thats what i was told originally)
I live about 20 plus miles from my GP but as I have had the same dr for 24 years I decided that no matter what I will never change to another surgery, so my medical records remained under the address of my parents which is slightly closer but still out of area.
Anyway, they told me they'd find me a midwife closer to my house, turns out the one they originally found was 2 bus journeys away which would not be appropriate for a 7 month pregnant woman if you asked me... I never got an appointment to see this midwife at this new surgery so I spoke to my dr's who told me to forget the MW in the "new place" because they'll book me one from my GP.:dohh:
weeks going by and no appointment. I'll be 10 weeks on Monday and if they leave it any longer i'll probably not get a scan at 12 weeks due to the 3 week wait time to see a midwife for booking appointments.
I'll be near 13 weeks by then and I havent so much as even spoken to a midwife about going for my appointment....
anyone else in similar positions??? With DS I had an early scan at 7+4 because of bleeding, saw a midwife at 8 weeks and didnt have another scan after that until around 15 weeks and nor did I see a midwife inbetween my first appointment at 8 weeks and my scan at 15...
:shrug::shrug::shrug:

I dont think it's right making pregnant women wait like this.

I would ring them again and hassle them! It's not fair for you to have to wait soooo long for an appointment. My GP's only see preg women fir first time between 9-11 weeks. That first appointment is the actual booking in appt and she booked my scan there and then on the phone! Hope it's not too long for you Hun xx

Thats teribble, I don't even know what to suggest but I do wish you luck

Call them and explain, tell them how far along you are and that you expect an appointment in time for your 12 weeks or something...

I had my first appointment today (and that was a bloomin' hassle to get!!) and wasn't even told (until I made DH ring up to check) that we weren't getting a scan....well I'm away for over a month from Monday, so we had to book a private scan... =/ It peeved me right off!!!

I'm working with the US health system though, I assume you're in the UK? The NHS sometimes need a good kick up the backside in order to get stuff done! Just ring up and pester and demand to be told when you're getting an appointment.

xx

You won't skip your scan because you are over 12 weeks hun. I didn't get mine until I was 14 weeks :hugs:

well i dont think thats very good at all,not even an appointment.I would definatly phone them again and request before xmas appointment as you would like to feel reassured.Midwife phoned me wednesday and we have confirmed 23rd of dec,its my 6th baby and il be 8 weeks 3 days.I normaly used to see the midwife from 10 weeks but i dont know if its earlier because im 35.Oh well id defo give em a ring hun.
xx

You won't skip your scan because you are over 12 weeks hun. I didn't get mine until I was 14 weeks :hugs:

Oh I know.. Thats what I meant. I was hoping for a scan dead on 12 weeks instead of having to wait like the last time.

I dont think you have been treated fairly at all.

Having said that i think the general rule with GPS is, if you live so many miles away and you are poorly you could not have a home visit as its too far away, also that day after baby is born GPS usually do a home visit which you may not get. Maybbe this is the reason they are finding it hard to find a midwife for you?

Would you not be happier changing to a GP closer, where you can guarentee people will be coming out to you and your getting the care you should get?

Either way you need to ring them and let them know you havnt seen anyone yet, or had a scan date through.

Good Luck xxxx

So it seems that because I live " out of area" of my registered dr's, I can't have a midwife from there!!! (thats what i was told originally)
I live about 20 plus miles from my GP but as I have had the same dr for 24 years I decided that no matter what I will never change to another surgery, so my medical records remained under the address of my parents which is slightly closer but still out of area.
Anyway, they told me they'd find me a midwife closer to my house, turns out the one they originally found was 2 bus journeys away which would not be appropriate for a 7 month pregnant woman if you asked me... I never got an appointment to see this midwife at this new surgery so I spoke to my dr's who told me to forget the MW in the "new place" because they'll book me one from my GP.:dohh:
weeks going by and no appointment. I'll be 10 weeks on Monday and if they leave it any longer i'll probably not get a scan at 12 weeks due to the 3 week wait time to see a midwife for booking appointments.
I'll be near 13 weeks by then and I havent so much as even spoken to a midwife about going for my appointment....
anyone else in similar positions??? With DS I had an early scan at 7+4 because of bleeding, saw a midwife at 8 weeks and didnt have another scan after that until around 15 weeks and nor did I see a midwife inbetween my first appointment at 8 weeks and my scan at 15...
:shrug::shrug::shrug:

I dont think it's right making pregnant women wait like this.

I'm sort of in the same boat im waiting on an appointment from the Midwife for my scan i have been waiting for over two weeks so im going to phone the docs today and chase it, im 2 weeks past sunday and i cant see myself getting my first scan before xmas somehow! its so not fair.:growlmad:

Mine is at 17 weeks- although I have already had a scan. Hope you can get in sooner though!

cat
xxx

Oh dear, that's not good, hope you manage to sort them out soon so that you get to see your midwife, that does sound bad!

Could you maybe phone your hospital and say you are having probs seeing a midwife and worried about getting a scan? Maybe they could help? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->