I haven't smoked since April 7th! YAY!

jess181989

Reaction score
I stopped the day I got my BFP, and haven't looked back- I'm so proud of myself as I never believed that I'd be able to do it. Just wanted to say to everyone who is thinking of quitting- YOU CAN DO IT!!

:) Sorry, a slightly pointless post, but wanted to post my progress

xx

A big well done hun its an ace feeling of achievement isnt it, iv done 4 weeks doesnt sound a lot but feel so good for it. I hope I can do it after babs is born now, dont want to start again after wen i havnt done it for 9 months lol
Congrarts hun keep it up xxxx

Well done you!!! That is some achievement. I gave up (for the second time!) when I was expecting DD2 in 2009....havent had one since then and dont feel the urge to. Keep it up hun, you can do it!! xx

I stopped the day I got my BFP, and haven't looked back- I'm so proud of myself as I never believed that I'd be able to do it. Just wanted to say to everyone who is thinking of quitting- YOU CAN DO IT!!

xx

Well done hun. Ive not smoked since september when i found out i was pregnant with my last pregnancy ended in MC tho but i didnt start up again so glad the smell is awful

xx

It's not a pointless post, you are proud of yourself and want to share:) I personally love this post because I know that ppl who smoke struggle to stop but I know its possible. My sister is pregnant and from what I hear shes about 3+ mos and still smoking. I am extremely disappointed. I am not a smoker but if I were, nothing would come before baby. I really hope my sister finds the strength you did and quits. It can really cause problems with baby:(

yay well done!! im on day 4 of not smoking and its been so hard but i just think of my little baby being able to breath and it gets me past the cravings

I also stopped the day I found out. It's been over a month but knowing the LO is in there made it so much easier. My SIL smoked 2 packs a day thru both her pregnancies and both of her kids have breathing problems, asthma and colds continuously their entire lives. She insists its not related, but to me quitting is just peace if mind. Keep up the good work!

Congrats!!! Know how hard stopping smoking is! Well done!!!

I am not a smoker , but I have a vice... Desserts especially cakes. Now it may not seem like big deal, but I am pre diabetic and therefore at a very high risk for gestational diabetes. I find it so hard to give in to desserts. I understand how you ladies must find it hard to give up smoking. Congratulations to those who have done it and good luck to those who are sincerely trying!

Congrats on quitting... I feel like a bit of a horrible mom right now, I managed to quit 2 weeks before I got preg with DD and started up when she was 7 months old again (bleh!) I have severely cut back from half a pack a day to 2 -3 a day and am quitting tomorrow. Eeek! I will use you as inspiration! I am 5 weeks preg today so I figure as long as I quit before 6 weeks it is better than nothing!

Thanks for everyones support, Its so hard wandering past the cigarette kiosk but I'm going to keep going for my baby.

MissIntrigue, you CAN do it! Go for it girl! :) xx

Congratulations jess! It is a big deal and not easy to do.

GL Missintrigue - fx'd you can stop too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->