I hired a Doppler!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Jessicab22, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Jessicab22

Jessicab22 Well-Known Member

Eek, it will hopefully arrive tomorrow! I'm 9 weeks tomorrow, so hopefully I will hear the heartbeat? God, I really hope there is a heartbeat!!!!!
    Aggh, I'm excited :) x

2. xdxxtx

xdxxtx NTNP

Don't let it scare you if you can't find the heartbeat! My doctors and I couldn't find a heartbeat via doppler until 14 1/2 weeks just because the placenta is against the back wall of my uterus, so all my organs and everything were laying between the baby and my skin in the front. Hopefully you do find it sooner, though!!!

3. baby_hopes23

baby_hopes23 Me, DH, DS & DD

You'll LOVE having one at home :thumbup: I bought a professional grade one for this pregnancy and couldn't hear the heartbeat until almost 12 weeks, which was surprising because I'm really thin and heard it with DS @ 11 weeks, but I guess this little baby was in hiding lol.

GL!!

4. Jessicab22

Thanks girls! That's very good advice. Il prob be on to Oreos crying that I can't find my baby's heartbeat though! Oh why do wedo this to ourselves?? X

5. baby_hopes23

baby_hopes23 Me, DH, DS & DD

We definitely have a way of driving ourselves a bit mad lol, but once you find the HB, we know it's worth it all :D

6. Gemini85

Gemini85 Expecing after loss

i heard it at 10 weeks on the dot. not before, i do have a tipped uterus though! x

7. boys04

boys04 Well-Known Member

Alittle bit of advice the heart beat will be right the way down just above your lady parts.

8. Jessicab22

Thanks!! I actually had a mini freak out as I could hear it! But after coming on here I realised I had to go MUCH further down and I heard it :cloud9:

9. themaybaby

themaybaby Well-Known Member

Like they said don't let it scare you if you don't hear a heartbeat.. I got mine when I was 12 weeks and couldn't hear the heart! I went crazy... but I waited til I was 13 and I found it! Good luck!! It's so fun hearing it for the first time. Oh and a tip, you will be able to pick yours up like crazy... your babys heart will be a lot faster than yours, you'll know when you hear it..

10. boys04

boys04 Well-Known Member

your very welcome. This is my 6th baby so I have had a go as using a doppler a good few times now :winkwink:

11. xdxxtx

xdxxtx NTNP

Yay, I'm so glad you found it! :)