i hit 24 weeks and things went to pot

koko4bunny

Reaction score
up untill then everything was fine i sufferd from little morning sickness and have had no problems

now tho my bump is sooooo itchy it seems to have quadrupled in size from 22 weeks to now heartburn is just terrible knees hurt at the end of the day my boobs are huge and bloody heavy and my ribs r killing me

erghghg i just want to sleep all the time.

Same here sweetie, ive had hardly any sickness just sore boobs now 25wks im so breathless all the time, my calf muscles are killing me ive not been able to walk properly last two days n heartburn has kicked in every evening arghhhh :nope:

Oh I know all about the heart burn had it weeks now and walking forget about it I have a trapped nerve and walking is no more I am hobbling and I am only 22 weeks

i have heard if ur bump is itchy u need to tell your midwife asap hun xx

wth my last pregnancy i got pills to relief the itching as i scratched so much that my belly was a all red and a bit of wounds here and there:/

what does an itchy bump mean?

I'm not sure entirely, i think u can get itchyness which is normal but i think if it gets seriously itchy it can be a sign of something. it's in my wee bounty book i'll go have a wee look for it.....

it says "your skin may be more sensitive than usual and the abdomen can itch as the skin stretches. If u start to feel very intense itchiness around this stage (27 weeks its on), all over your body, including your hands and feet- where you can't stop scratching or scratch so hard that the skin bleeds- tell your LMC

Just writing that up has cleared it for me abit too- so if it's a wee bit itchy then thats ok thats just the skin stretching :) x

Hmmm intresting. I have had slight itchyness but nothing I would worry about. Good to know though thanks xx:flower:

Then again I think even if you werent pregnant and u an itch so severe that it bled u would see the doctor about it anyway lol

I was itchy all through my 1st pregnancy.. think it was because I was growing most in the winter and the dry skin stretching itched. I took baths in aveeno bath powder every night and it helped lots!

hahaha yeah true true, I never thought about it that way

I was suffering with really bad itchiness and was sent for blood tests to rule out liver problems. They asked if I had itchy palms or feet as well as my bump and boobs as apparently that can be a sign of liver problems. Thankfully it looks like my rash and itchiness were caused mainly by an allergic reaction to Palmers Cocoa Butter for stretch marks and stretching skin. Midwife recommended I use Aqueous Calamine until the rash cleared up then switched to normal aqueous cream (it's around £1.50 for an enormous tub) to stop me from clawing at myself. I am still mildly itchy but am no longer all scaley/scabby and the aqueous cream makes my skin so soft and has certainly stopped the worst of the itching. Hope this helps.

Ive heard itching is completely normal its just your skin stretching? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->