I hope I'm doing this right...

LetItBeABaby

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am 21 years old & my longtime boyfriend & I decided to start trying for a baby. We started at the beginning of June 2013 & I know it usually doesn't happen right away. Well, about a week & a half ago I took a Clearblue Easy Digital hpt & it came back positive. I did the pee in a cup method because I'm not too good at the stick. Well, I have since taken 5 different types of hpt & they all came back negative. I went to the doctor the day after my positive CB result & their pee test came back negative. She told me to try again in about a week or two if I didn't get my period. Well, I got my period Thursday (about 9-10 days late) & it only lasted 4 days. 2 of the 4 days were just light bleeding. My boobs have been tender & I've been really moody (I cried because I lost a computer game the other day). I'm so confused & would love some advice on what is going on with me. I've heard of chemical pregnancies & am really hoping that's not what this is. Help please!

Sorry hun, I don't know what to do to help except to say we are here for ya! :) And I'm sorry for such a rude let down :( It's hard when you want that BFP and you get it but it turns out to be faulty somehow.

How are you tracking ovulation?

It's so frustrating and upsetting to think you are and then get about 5 slaps in the face with a BFN. Having support makes it all so much easier and helps me stay hopeful.

I, honestly, have no idea how to track my ovulation. It's not as easy for me to go to the doctor and have them test and a lot of the ovulation kits are really expensive. Do you have any advice on how I can do it myself at home?

And, also, I saw that you are TTC. If you don't mind me asking, how is that going? Good I'm hoping! :)

It's so frustrating and upsetting to think you are and then get about 5 slaps in the face with a BFN. Having support makes it all so much easier and helps me stay hopeful.

I, honestly, have no idea how to track my ovulation. It's not as easy for me to go to the doctor and have them test and a lot of the ovulation kits are really expensive. Do you have any advice on how I can do it myself at home?

And, also, I saw that you are TTC. If you don't mind me asking, how is that going? Good I'm hoping! :)

So here's exactly what I would do to start taking charge of TTC!

Buy a basal body thermometer. I bought mine for $8 at Walgreens. It's pink. It's specifically for BBT, and it shows an extra decimal when reading my temperature, which is important because your temperature really only changes minimally and not enough to read on a normal thermometer.

Then download Fertility Friend to your phone, or get an account online. It's free.

Pick a time that you will get up every morning and temp. It needs to be the same time. You can go back to sleep afterwards, I do :). Take your temp orally or vaginally, vaginally is more accurate and better if you snore or breathe through your mouth or talk in your sleep. Take your temp before you move or get out of bed. Try to always get at least three hours of sleep before you temp. Preferably more like eight. Keep track of this temp. It will go up and down and fluctuate throughout your cycle. But... when it goes up about a half degree and stays up afterwards than that means you have ovulated. Fertility Friend will tell you that you have ovulated after three days of sustained higher temps.

Now temping only tells you after you ovulated. Which will be helpful in the future as we typically ovulate on the same day of each cycle, or very close to it. So after once cycle of temping you'll have a general time frame for when you ovulate.

Now to know before you are ovulating you can check your cervix/vagina for mucus. The most fertile of mucus is EWCM, or otherwise known as egg white cervical mucus. It gets its name from it's cleary, stretchy appearance. Feel till you get a little on your fingers then check to see if it stretches a couple of inches between your fingers. Some girls would never do this. It honestly does not bug me. Also if you have like a really watery cervical mucus, that's alright. What you don't want is none or a thicky lotiony mucus, that stuff is not fertile.

You can also use OPKs. But as you already said they can get spendy. I buy bulk packs of like fifty to a hundred for $30 or so on Amazon, they are Wondfo brand. (Bonus, sometimes they come with pregnancy tests, or little packets of Conceive Plus, which a sperm friendly lube that can help you conceive faster.) I buy them like that because I test every day for five days before my suspected ovulation day, and usually lots of times on my ovulation day, as well as the next couple days after until I get that raised temp to confirm I ovulated. You're looking for lines very close in darkness to the control line. Once you get that, typically you'll ovulate 12 to 72 hours later, but probably within the next 24 hours, that's average.

There are about five prime days to conceive. Three days before ovulation. Ovulation day. And the day after. Aim for at least one of the days before ovulation, the actual day of ovulation and the day after. The days before are more important. Unless a Dr. has specifically said your husband has an issue with his sperm than it will not hurt to have more sex.

TTC is going alright for my husband and I! He's good to go. I have PCOS and I don't have cycles on my own so I take Provera to start my cycle and now starting this cycle I also take Clomid to help me ovulate.

Good luck!! Keep me updated on how things go!!!

Jess, I am so glad you explained all of that because I honestly had no clue where to even begin!

Good luck to both of you!

Jess you are awesome! You should be a pregnancy rep or something (if you get such a thing!!). I think you should write a "how to" for first timers. There is so much info on the net but def not in a step by step format. I'd have found it very useful when I was FTC first time!

You really are so amazing! If you haven't found your calling yet, I'd definitely say it's counseling for this kind of stuff. You are so very helpful!!! Honestly, I thought it was the most confusing thing in the world when I searched it online, but the way you explained is so easy to understand. Thank you so much and I wish you the best of luck for you and your husband becoming pregnant! :)

So here's exactly what I would do to start taking charge of TTC!

To my fellow Oregonian, thanks for the info!! :) I've just started and happened to order those same OPKs yesterday. I've been using Fertility Friend but since my cycle happened to get all crazy just in time for my first month of TTC, I'm supplementing with those. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->