I hope you understand this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Children don't need expensive clothes, as long as they are fed, warm, loved etc that's all they need.

Don't be so ungratefull.

There is no need to be putting exclamation points. You can get your point across without having to "yell". I did not assume that you sre struggling. you did not say that if you were living on your own you would be struggling. You also did not say that you mom was the one that was financially supporting you and the baby. You DID say that you do not have any money or financial support. Most people would understand that as you are struggling. I have posted threads before and people have given me their opinions. So I have had people talk to me on my threads. When they posted on my threads I did not think that they were being critical. They were just stating their opinion and being truthful. I said that holes and tears would not be okay. However, the reason I think it is offensive is because you are assuming people would bring that type of stuff to your baby shower. If someone sent me an invitation like that I would be offended and wondering if they put that on everyone's invitation or only my own. Hopefully you can see why people would be offended if you did that. I did not say that if you were poor you should give your child away. If I was poor, I would not give my child up for adoption. I would work my butt off to prepare and provide for the baby before they arrived. I do not understand what type of bad opinion that I gave you? that you should not offend your shower guests? I did understand your point of the thread by the way so please dont ASSUME that I didnt.
Why does that have to be seen as yelling? I wasn't yelling, i was making sure my point was well seen. You did ASSUME i was being ungrateful because i said i was "struggling" in my other post. So i will ASSUME it.

Could your point have not been seen without it? If your point is strong enough then I think that is should be pretty clear to everyone right? No I was not assuming you were being ungrateful because of your other thread. I said you were ungrateful because you were saying you were basically going to insult people by telling them not to being you messed up clothing. That would mean you are assuming they would even do that in the first place yes? Even if someone did do that, I am not sure why it would be so hard to just tell them thank you and them get rid of the clothes.? It would be much harder for me to tell them straight to their face that I did not like the clothes that they gave me

Another thing who's going to buy thier newborn - 3 months shoes?? The baby book i read sed it would mess with the growth of thier feet even wearing socks! But an outfit isn't complete without shoes! LOL

I think shoes shouldn't be bought until your child actually starts walking :flower: Otherwise it's useless and just a waste of money because if you buy them when LO is born and expect to use them when they start walking, you'll be shocked at how much their feet grows :haha:

Since we're due in March though, I've been buying a lot of 0-3 months sleepers, because they're warm and cover their feet up. Babies gotta keep their temp warm when they're born :flower:

EDIT - I forgot to add, I know from experience how much babies feet grow! lol my baby sisters Rilee and Maggie were bought shoes when they were born and my mom wanted to use them for when they started walking, but soon realized their little feet don't stay little for long :haha: In fact, my baby sister Rilee's feet are like half my size already! She's only 3 years old, and my feet are not big. Lol

What about when you take LO out? lol It is getting pretty cold.

I won't be taking my baby out until he is a little older anyway, it'll be a family bonding time IMO, and I've already got him a bunch of sleepers (they cover his feet) So he'll be plenty warm! And OH's family bought him little fuzzy socks anyways for his other onesies and stuff :flower:

Would you consider buying hats? lol I think the coats with the bear ears on the hood are adorable.

I've already got some hats too! They're Chicago Bears hats (our states football team) :haha:

I want hats with his name on them, but i think ill wait till his head gets to a certain size or whatever size its suppose to be. I read the head doesn't come out the size its suppose to be yet so it can squeeze through its opening! lol :haha:

:haha:

What are you going to name him? :)

Jeremy or Joseph. Its like 3 different middle names with each me and my bestfriend made up. I think its gonna be a vote at the baby shower.

There is no need to be putting exclamation points. You can get your point across without having to "yell". I did not assume that you sre struggling. you did not say that if you were living on your own you would be struggling. You also did not say that you mom was the one that was financially supporting you and the baby. You DID say that you do not have any money or financial support. Most people would understand that as you are struggling. I have posted threads before and people have given me their opinions. So I have had people talk to me on my threads. When they posted on my threads I did not think that they were being critical. They were just stating their opinion and being truthful. I said that holes and tears would not be okay. However, the reason I think it is offensive is because you are assuming people would bring that type of stuff to your baby shower. If someone sent me an invitation like that I would be offended and wondering if they put that on everyone's invitation or only my own. Hopefully you can see why people would be offended if you did that. I did not say that if you were poor you should give your child away. If I was poor, I would not give my child up for adoption. I would work my butt off to prepare and provide for the baby before they arrived. I do not understand what type of bad opinion that I gave you? that you should not offend your shower guests? I did understand your point of the thread by the way so please dont ASSUME that I didnt.
Why does that have to be seen as yelling? I wasn't yelling, i was making sure my point was well seen. You did ASSUME i was being ungrateful because i said i was "struggling" in my other post. So i will ASSUME it.

Could your point have not been seen without it? If your point is strong enough then I think that is should be pretty clear to everyone right? No I was not assuming you were being ungrateful because of your other thread. I said you were ungrateful because you were saying you were basically going to insult people by telling them not to being you messed up clothing. That would mean you are assuming they would even do that in the first place yes? Even if someone did do that, I am not sure why it would be so hard to just tell them thank you and them get rid of the clothes.? It would be much harder for me to tell them straight to their face that I did not like the clothes that they gave me
Okay THE END! :)

1 Congrats on joining team :blue:
& 2 I think that would be a really rude thing to write on ur invertations & even if u did get any clothes with holes & stains in them then u can always just chuck them away & the person who gave them to u will never have to know :thumbup:

My nephews name is Joseph :) I obviously love it as its the male version of my name. I like Jeremy too :thumbup:

I would find it a bit rude and cheeky if I got a baby shower invite stating to not bring 'torn' or 'tattered' clothes lol, who on earth brings that sort of stuff :haha: Congrats on your blue bump x

Children don't need expensive clothes, as long as they are fed, warm, loved etc that's all they need.

Don't be so ungratefull.

:dohh: No one said they need expensive clothes. I think we all agreed the clothes with stains and whatnot are perfectly fine, can either be washed or used for messy activities.

But would you dress up your child in holey clothes? I think it's perfectly fine to accept the gifts people give you but doesn't mean you HAVE to use them. You know?

Not being ungrateful. It's a preference of what you dress your child in.

I would find it a bit rude and cheeky if I got a baby shower invite stating to not bring 'torn' or 'tattered' clothes lol, who on earth brings that sort of stuff :haha: Congrats on your blue bump x

She said she wasn't going to write that on her invites because she isn't making them.... :shrug:

seems that almost all the girls that have posted their opinions all have 'bad' opinions....

Don't be so ungratefull.

:dohh: No one said they need expensive clothes. I think we all agreed the clothes with stains and whatnot are perfectly fine, can either be washed or used for messy activities.

But would you dress up your child in holey clothes? I think it's perfectly fine to accept the gifts people give you but doesn't mean you HAVE to use them. You know?

Yeah, in the first post she said she would have to :dohh:

No, but really I doubt anyone would give holey clothes haha, if they did, chuck them away. If you have the money you can afford to be picky, but her situation doen't sound the best. I got giving 3 massive bags full and we have used them all and SHOCK HORROR even the bits with holes in were kept for painting etc.

I think it'd be a cute idea too if you had a vote at the shower for your son's name. But ultimately it is your choice! :flower:

She said she wasn't going to write that on her invites because she isn't making them.... :shrug:

I'm not talking about what she said I just meant in general I wouldn't like it

I'm not talking about what she said I just meant in general I wouldn't like it

Ah okay, I thought you meant towards her and I was just clearing it up

Don't be so ungratefull.

Yeah, in the first post she said she would have to :dohh:

No, but really I doubt anyone would give holey clothes haha, if they did, chuck them away. If you have the money you can afford to be picky, but her situation doen't sound the best. I got giving 3 massive bags full and we have used them all and SHOCK HORROR even the bits with holes in were kept for painting etc.

Well I guess it's just the people you know then, because I've already been given a holey onesie.

Also, I think I missed the part where her situation isn't the best? I thought she said if she were to live alone it'd be hard. :shrug: I have no idea!

Don't be so ungratefull.

I agree that it is fine to accept the gifts that people give you and you are absolutely right that it does not mean that you have to use them. It is not right though to straight out assume people would being that to the shower anyway. I understand that she said she was just joking. She did not state that in her original post though. She only said she was joking when people didn't agree with doing that though. Noone said that she had to take our advice. It would not affect me in any way if she decided to tell people that on her invitations. Just thought I would show why some people think it would be offensive and come off as ungrateful.

Man, people i know these days! But im not making them so its just a funny thought, that was funny to me. :haha: That's not literally going to be on there but i have very rude mother so she would have something to say before i do.

I said if i were to try & take care of my child by myself. Then i wouldn't be better off at all honestly! I just wish i have ran off to another college while i had the chance. :haha:

im going to put that in the description for the baby shower and tell people straight up please don't give me anything torn or old!

U said u never said anyting about putting it on the invertations but u did say u'd put it in the description #justsaying :shrug:

Man, people i know these days! But im not making them so its just a funny thought, that was funny to me. :haha: That's not literally going to be on there but i have very rude mother so she would have something to say before i do.

Lol, ofcourse it's rude and disrespectful for someone to bring a new baby clothes in that state. But at the same time people would get offended for anyone to assume they would bring clothes like that, I was just speaking in general :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"