• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I hope you understand this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant invitations lol ugh you know what i mean xD

Obviously some of you girls aren't reading her other threads... all of her threads contradict themselves.... I think its funny in the other one about moving she says "my son" before she even knew she was having a boy so hmm weird. I'm done with reading this nonsense. It's RUDE of you to want to put that in the description of your invite end of story. And you contradict yourself all over the place.. You say your struggling in one thread but now your not? "I don't have any money or financial support to do anything for it and i'm sure if it goes up there it'll be well taken care of, but i know i'll miss it sooooooooooooooo much!" that's what you said in your other thread.So by reading that makes me think you ARE struggling. And if you don't want our opinions then don't make a thread because you have to understand everyone has their own opinions and we all want to share what we think... Sorry if you don't like what you heard sorry we didn't all agree with you and think that it was okay to put that in your invites.

:lol: I don't think you need to worry, I doubt anyone will give you clothing that's completely stained or have arms missing ;) They might be slightly bobbled but hey, they're clothes, they've been worn like they're meant to be.

Obviously some of you girls aren't reading her other threads... all of her threads contradict themselves.... I think its funny in the other one about moving she says "my son" before she even knew she was having a boy so hmm weird. I'm done with reading this nonsense. It's RUDE of you to want to put that in the description of your invite end of story. And you contradict yourself all over the place.. You say your struggling in one thread but now your not? "I don't have any money or financial support to do anything for it and i'm sure if it goes up there it'll be well taken care of, but i know i'll miss it sooooooooooooooo much!" that's what you said in your other thread.So by reading that makes me think you ARE struggling. And if you don't want our opinions then don't make a thread because you have to understand everyone has their own opinions and we all want to share what we think... Sorry if you don't like what you heard sorry we didn't all agree with you and think that it was okay to put that in your invites.

I said i put my son in quotation marks. Meaning thats what my mother was saying Moving with HER son. & That doesn't mean im struggling NOW. I said independently i don't have any of my own money. As a dependent im perfectly fine, if my mom wants to move then i have no way of supporting my own self. Thats what i mean, i didn't say i didn't want opinions, maybe opinions in good taste but being judgmental about it is another thing.

First of all congratulations on your little man hun :flow:

Second, the debate about wether the OP is struggling or not is irrelevant to me, even if she was does that mean she should accept these clothes? :shrug: I dont care hw hard times were, if someone gave me holey and stained clothes expecting me to dress my child up in them and take them out, i would take it as an insult

HOWEVER, IMO including something like that in ur baby shower description would make u just as rude as them tbh. If that was me and i got the invite i'd be like who does she think she is? Even if you cant see it, im pretty sure most people would find that offensive, especially if theyre meant to be your friends...Chances are no one will even give u anything in that condition anyway so dont assume, and if they do and u dont want them then just throw them away. Then everyones happy :flower:

Congrats on Team Blue. :blue:

Don't understand why in the world you would say don't give me ratty, used clothes? It just comes off as rude, imo. If someone gives you something you don't like/want, then throw it away or donate it if it's in decent shape.

Hope you have a good baby shower.

Who the hell would give you really torn and tattered clothes? :/

I would NEVER put that on an invitation, if I received an invitation like that I would feel quite uncomfortable honestly, as if they expect me to do something like that.

Seriously though?! iI still don't get it? :wacko:

Like who the hell do you know who would bring you tattered dirty torn clothes?

Cos nobody i know would bring something torn :S wtf?!

Who the hell would give you really torn and tattered clothes? :/

I would NEVER put that on an invitation, if I received an invitation like that I would feel quite uncomfortable honestly, as if they expect me to do something like that.

you beat me lol x

I honestly wouldn't go to a shower that had that on the invitation. It’s rude, IMO and very immature. No one should give you worn clothing, but you also shouldn't be so blatantly rude about it. It’s the thought that counts, and what you may find old and ragged, maybe they weren’t aware.

I learned with my son that hand me downs are a life saver, and you should be thankful for anything you receive. Specially with little boys. (They are evil on clothing, lol) If you receive something you’re not fond of, thank the person regardless, then throw it out when you’re in the privacy of your own home.

I only read the first few pages then I got a little bored lol..

All I will say IMO.. I would be offended if I recieved an invitation with that on :/
A family friend (who I wouldnt consider the 'cleanest' of people) messaged me saying she was sending some baby stuff up for Elsie... I didnt turn around and say no..
I will go through the box she sends.. wash what's decent and even if I dont want it I will donate it.. ANYTHING torn or tattered I will stick in the material bank to be recycled..

If someone gave me tatty clothes at my shower... I'd politely accept them and sort it out later...

I think with your attitude you'll A. offend people with your invites.. and B. upset anyone you 'decline' things off..
Doesnt matter how much money you earn/have.. I dont think anyone is ever in a postition to turn down a gift.. no matter what state it's in it's a gesture of good will..

Some people need to learn some manners :dohh:
x

Oh very much so.
Little glitz and glam baby you have. LOL

I only read the first few pages then I got a little bored lol..

All I will say IMO.. I would be offended if I recieved an invitation with that on :/
A family friend (who I wouldnt consider the 'cleanest' of people) messaged me saying she was sending some baby stuff up for Elsie... I didnt turn around and say no..
I will go through the box she sends.. wash what's decent and even if I dont want it I will donate it.. ANYTHING torn or tattered I will stick in the material bank to be recycled..

If someone gave me tatty clothes at my shower... I'd politely accept them and sort it out later...

I think with your attitude you'll A. offend people with your invites.. and B. upset anyone you 'decline' things off..
Doesnt matter how much money you earn/have.. I dont think anyone is ever in a postition to turn down a gift.. no matter what state it's in it's a gesture of good will..

Some people need to learn some manners :dohh:

x

Thank you! exactly this.:flower:

Congrats!!

I'd word it different if I were you, like 'Good condition second hand things welcome'

Do all you girls feel anti second hand?? Curious.. second hand things have been a god send for me. I've become close with a few of the girls on here, and we've helped each other out with second hand bits. I gave an ex bnb member a couple of boxes of my little girls second hand stuff, and she's sent me second hand bits for my boy. And then Mellie1988 was wonderful and gave me loads of her little boys second hand bits. Honestly, either you girls are RICH or silly :haha: no offence meant! But the cost of new clothes ADDS UP! Remember there are other things kids need girls :flower:

Ps didn't mean any offence by this, if anyone takes any, I appologise. But I've seen this come up a couple of times recently about second hand clothing, but I've bought second hand for near enough everything :shrug: pushchairs, cots, clothing, nursery bits... of course we buy a few odd things new if we really like them in a shop etc, but hardly anything compared to what we have!

Congrats!!

I'd word it different if I were you, like 'Good condition second hand things welcome'

Do all you girls feel anti second hand?? Curious.. second hand things have been a god send for me. I've become close with a few of the girls on here, and we've helped each other out with second hand bits. I gave an ex bnb member a couple of boxes of my little girls second hand stuff, and she's sent me second hand bits for my boy. And then Mellie1988 was wonderful and gave me loads of her little boys second hand bits. Honestly, either you girls are RICH or silly :haha: no offence meant! But the cost of new clothes ADDS UP! Remember there are other things kids need girls :flower:

Ps didn't mean any offence by this, if anyone takes any, I appologise. But I've seen this come up a couple of times recently about second hand clothing, but I've bought second hand for near enough everything :shrug: pushchairs, cots, clothing, nursery bits... of course we buy a few odd things new if we really like them in a shop etc, but hardly anything compared to what we have!

I love second hand :) The obvious things like mattresses, bottles etc are bought new but I had a lot of things given to me or I bought them in a charity shop. My swinging crib which should have cost over £80 was given to me by a friend. I bought a £20 mattress. Sorted :)

https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/384143_2692220909917_1388356992_3060116_1798370332_n.jpg

The only thing new about that outfit is the socks and even they were given to me as a present in a nappy cake. The t-shirt is mothercare and the trousers are mexx.

Congrats!!

I have absolutely nothing against second hand clothes at all, i have a bag of stuff from people ive collected and gone through and the bobbly or slightly stained things are for days when LO is ill and in and out of clothes all day (as advised by my mum) or on a day of just staying in the house and saving my new clothes for when we go out.

i just agreed with loveme_x about how some people really do try to hand down some badly kept things. i was given a cot and matress by one girl and the matress has puke stains on it that noone had bothered to clean... now call me ungrateful if you want but i gave it straight back, in my eyes if they cant be bothered to clean things why should i take them, i was disgusted they would even think about giving that to someone.

i do however agree that the way this post was written was really rude and i would too feel offended if someone gave me an invitation to a baby shower that said something like that on it, or even anything about presents. id refuse to take one or go at all as i dont feel that people should expect things from others. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"