I.. I fainted!

Jitter

Reaction score
Today is 12 weeks for me. I woke up at 11 after having a rough time getting to sleep and was lying in bed because my SO mum was coming at 12 and we were going to take the car disposal notice and cheque to places. And we were going to have lunch out. And we had to go to the doctors clinic to book the screening scan so we went there first. And I was talking to the lady at the front counter and I mentioned I was feeling a bit sick and needed a drink but then I start to feel severely light headed and my vision left me and then I just remember getting put on a wheel chair. When I came to I had like 4 nurses around me and they put me in a wheelchair and I vomited like 5 times and they asked if I could function enough to be taken to the nurses room and they did tests and stuff and everything came back good but yeah I've never fainted before in my life. I was fine one minute and the next I just felt like I was really sick. They made my SO mum and I a cup of tea and gave us biscuits and they also took my bloods for the screening scan I have coming up Tuesday. Pretry scary but apparently common..? Anyone else have similar experiences with dizziness and fainting?

I didn't but my sister did with her pregnancy with the twins. She had to eat little and often to keep her blood sugar up or she fainted.

I haven't actually fainted but this pregnancy I have felt very faint and dizzy, more so than I remember from my other times x

Aw hope your ok now xxx I've had faint feelings but not actually fainted ... you must have felt awful ! Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again xxxx

I fainted with my first pregnancy and got dizzy quite often. I never fainted again with my other pregnancies, but there were times I came close. My OB told me it is quite common in pregnancy. What happens to me is my blood pressure drops and then I start to feel lightheaded and see stars in my eyes. My OB told me when this happens to go and drink some juice right away. And to also keep my feet elevated. Sorry this happened to you, it can be very scary.

Thanks for the replies guys :) I also must have gotten a bad bruise from fainting. It sort of looks like petechiae because it's got reddish pinkish dots. Might have whacked it on my knee or on the ground when I fell. It doesn't feel like a rash. It's sore like a bruise so I'd assume that is what it is. I'll keep an eye on it! Fainting is scary. I am keeping biscuits beside my bed now so I have at least something when I get up in the morning. It's crazy how fast I deteriorated yesterday. First I was fine and then BAM! Crazy!

In my last pregnancy at around 21 weeks I was out shopping with my OH, mum and nan when I suddenly felt really tired and fainted. I started having convulsions (totally normal apparently!) And they called an ambulance and everything. So embarassing. But yeah, totally normal ☺

I've never fainted but I almost did while giving bloods one time. It was weird. The room started spinning and I felt very hot and nauseated. The nurse started patting me with a wet rag and scribbled notes on her clipboard, probably about the experience, while I hovered over a sink thinking I was going to be sick. I think I gave her quite a turn. She only got 3 small vials out of me before that happened so I had to go back. I also remember getting light headed a few times in later trimesters from not eating enough. I mean it came on all of a sudden. First I was perfectly fine, then within an hour I'd start sweating and shaking. I blamed it on low blood sugar from not eating.

When I was young I passed out every time they had to draw blood. As an adult I stopped passing out...EXCEPT for my first official OB appointment when they drew six vials. That morning I hasn't eaten anything and I was absolutely fine until after the 4th vial and I was like "we'll this is strange" then the 5th vial came and I was like "oh crappy I remember what this is" I made it to the end but when I went to get up I had to sit right back down and I passed out in the chair XD. They werected a few nurses around me asking questions which I easily answered as I was coming to. Been there done that before, certainly wasn't the first time. They were pretty shocked at how well I took it XD

Hope ltr part this problem will not occur to u anymore !

I fainted during my first pregnancy I think around 7-9 weeks along and I felt dizzy - often would get off the train because I felt I would faint. Now I am in my 5th week and so far no fainting but I have felt dizzy a couple of times. I actually hate this the most out of everything because it makes you so vulnerable... especially when you are out in public by yourself, on the way to work, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"