i just cant decide!!! VBAC vs section?!

babydevil1989

Reaction score
i have a choice of a VBAC or section and i really cant decide!!

DS birth was long and he was back to back and didnt have his chin to his chest so basically was never going to come out!

im scared of this happening again and ending up with a section anyway :wacko:

it would be nice to have a VBAC due to recovery time opposed to a section but im worried!

any help from any one whose had either an elective section or VBAC will be greatfully received :)

Iv had 3 elective sections and now im going for a vba3c I cant really offer much help other then get a appointment with your consultant and have a good long chat about both options I am tomorrow as I am scared of going into labour but would rather have my vba3c than another section, things went well and I was let out 24hrs after my last section and was up and about like I was normaly but if your worried about the same happening is talk to them and see what they say they might do a scan at early labour or near due date to see how baby is lay and then you can decide from there

i have my consultants appointment on 7th august so il be 36 ish weeks.

im scared of it happening again and i lost alot of blood last time which absolutely terrifies me this time :(

wow good luck with you vbac! i hope it goes really well xxx

the best thing you can do is look at what will work best for you in your situation, for me im having a vbac as my son will be starting infant school the same time im due so i need a quicker recovery as he keeps me on my toes as it is lol but obviously i know that not all things go to plan and it could result in a c-section anyway. Like belly bean said have a good talk with your doctor as they can let you know about the pros and cons of both for you but its really what works best for you and you need to feel comfortable with your choice so it can be as relaxing as possible :) x

I was going to do a VBAC but opted for a csection instead. I made the decision because I'm opting for permanent prevention, but I would have ended up making it anyway as she's breech.

If my baby was the "right way" and I wasn't getting my tubes removed, I would have done a VBAC. As long as your doctor says it's a good option for you and you want to do it, I say go for it. You've had a few years since your last so I would think any risks of your scar opening would be super minimal.

I just had my VBAC last Tuesday and I must say it was one of the best experiences of my life. I am so glad I chose to do it that way and I did it completely natural no drugs or meds used. It made me feel so empowered (and sleepy) afterward, I had an episiotomy and it didn't hurt one bit and it still doesn't! But then again I have a high pain tolerance, but I'd do it again with no questions asked and I find it a lot better than a c-section. Its a lot of work, but well worth it and the recovery is nothing compared to c-section recovery. It truly was a beautiful moment in my life and now I have options to do it over and over in the future if I decided for more babies later on down the road!

I'm trying for a vbac. Had a great recovery after my em. Section with ds but after looking at the risks involved with both, I decided vbac was the way for me.
There's a great group on facebook called vbac support group uk, that's where I got most of my info.

I just had my vbac 19 days ago. Best decision ever. I finally feel complete after the disapointment of my emcs. I had my emcs cause my sons head was tilted ( so chin not on his chest) and even forceps didn't move him.

I had worries the same would happen again but I knew if I didn't try vbac I would forever regret it. It was too important to be to have a normal vaginal birth... To actually push the baby out myself. My vbac went great. 4cm to fully in 2 hours and pushed just over 1 hour. I had just gas&air for labour and nothing for pushing. It bloody hurt but I'm so proud of myself. His hand came out by his head and so I got a second degree tear but the recovery was million times easier than my section.

Yay I love this thread! I am trying for a VBAC as well. I had an EMCS and it was really difficult physically and emotionally. This time I have hired a midwife to help me labor at home for a while and support me while I am in the hospital. Since she is trained in childbirth she can offer help with lots of positions depending on how the labor is progressing. I am feeling pretty confident. I wish you the best of luck and if a VBAC sounds good to you go for it momma! :thumbup:

There are links to studies on vbac 'risks' here :) https://homebirthersandhopefuls.com/can-i-still-have-a-homebirth/vbac-vaginal-birth-after-cesearean/

It should be helpful regardless of if you chose hospital, birth centre or home if you feel vbac is the right option for you.

This is the Facebook group and there are often local support groups for women who have had a previous CS and are looking at their birth options :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/149800885093152/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Good luck and best wishes for a peaceful empowering birth x

I had my vbac 10 days ago and was one of the best experiences I've had. I did need help with forceps as baby's heart rate dropped quite low, so I had a few internal stitches, also like pp, her hand came out by her head. I'm still a little tender, but nothing liked recovery from a c section!! I was up after an hour, and it only wasn't sooner because we were having skin to skin. My c section was only 15 months ago, and I knew the risks of uterine rupture, but the risks really are very low. It could be worth getting some figures from your hospital about their successful vbac rate. I done it completely pain relief free, and went from 1cm to delivery in under 2 hours x

Thanks guys - I was leaning towards a VBAC but im scared lol - I went into labour with DS and got to 7 cm so I know my body can get that far which is a good thing they have said im a good candidate for a VBAC due to this!

Thanks for all the links will have a look later and thanks for your positive stories - I suppose if I do go for VBAC there is still the option of a section if this dont go right x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->